Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helly everyone,

Recently, and thanks to "The Roadie" I replaced my blower control module on my wife's 03 Chevy Trailblazer ext LT and fixed the blower problem. Heres my new (and same old) problem. Some times when driving the trailblazer the ac quits blowing cold air. It has the dual digital controls. The blower keeps working fine. There's no cold air coming from the front or the rear. It doesn't do it all the and just comes and goes. We went to Chicago last weekend. It worked fine than quit blowing out cold air for maybe 30-40 minutes. Then it will start working fine again. It might not do it every day or even every week. We've had the trailblazer since 03 and it has done if (off and on) since then. Had the dealer look at it back when it was under warranty and they could not find any problems. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
84 Posts
This sounds similar to the AC problem I had. Replacing the AC clutch cycling switch (~$13) fixed mine.

The shop I went to initially changed the fan clutch, which had gone bad. That seemed to have fixed it, but after about 3 weeks, the AC was back to intermittently working properly. Thanks to this forum, I found the AC clutch cycling switch solution and had to suggest that to the shop.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
When it's not blowing cold air, you need to immediately find out if there's any cold air to be had. Look at the compressor to see if the clutch is spinning, and feel the receiver/dryer to see if it's properly cold.

If the AC system is hot, then I agree you might have the simple and cheap low pressure switch issue. Find an AC professional and describe the problem to them and they can check the system pressures if it's running, but not getting cold.

If it's running and properly cold, then you have a control module or actuator problem, but since it gets hot both front and back, I bet that's not it.

Let's hope for the cheap DIY fix. Run a search if you haven't already read about this repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.