Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:duh:hi .. i need the part number for the ac compressor clutch
the ac center replaced the bearing iside the clutch with bosch bearing ..
and after 2 days it make smell of burning :crazy: and aome sparks some times ,
compressor clutch engage and disengage a lot per minute
then .. can i replace the clutch ?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
I have looked before and not found the number for the AC clutch, sorry.... If it is cycling on and off that can be a sign of low 134A... If that is of any help, but I would think they would know that.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
85 Posts
My ac clutch gave out and I just ended up replacing the whole compresor. I looked on ebay for a used one and bid on one got it for $40 shipped!!!!:yes: It was used but off a tb with only 30k and it works great. It seems to blow twice as cold now then it ever did on the old one. So unless your willing to pay alot, I would look into used.:D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
He is in Saudi Arabia and most people will not ship there.....

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have looked before and not found the number for the AC clutch, sorry.... If it is cycling on and off that can be a sign of low 134A... If that is of any help, but I would think they would know that.
Thank you for your cooperation and respond ..
What about the pressure inside the pipe? I have no experience in this , but when the workshop put pressure 60 psi that surprised to me ,, i kniw that pressure must be 40 psi ?! Am I wrong ?

My ac clutch gave out and I just ended up replacing the whole compresor. I looked on ebay for a used one and bid on one got it for $40 shipped!!!! It was used but off a tb with only 30k and it works great. It seems to blow twice as cold now then it ever did on the old one. So unless your willing to pay alot, I would look into used.
Good price and a good deal
nice idea .. i will search for a used compressor
But finding it a bit difficult here, and the new one more than 400$

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Are you saying 60 psi on the low side running, or 60 psi static? 25 psi on the low side running is about right and ,,,, I do not remember the hi side pressure, 250 rings a bell. 60 psi on the low side running could overpressure the system and cause it to turn on and off. .

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
AC shop manual pressures:

Static: 60F/50PSI, 75F/70PSI, 90F/100PSI

Typical running conditions from a chart:

76-85F, under 35% RH, low side 30-42 PSI, high side 150-190 PSI
96-105 F, under 20% RH, low side 41-53 PSI, high side 240-280 PSI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.