Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there i need some help in bypassing the AC compressor with the serpentine belt. Why? Well that's because the bearing for the pulley in the compressor has kicked the bucket and i do not have the time to replace it just yet because 2 jobs with one of them being a delivery driver so the vehicle is necessary, or the money to bring it to a shop which would take several weeks as all the local ones are booked out.
I've come up with 2 ideas on how to do what i want to, but would like a 2nd or 3rd opinion on them. I was going to use a measuring tape to find out the length of belt i needed unless somebody can do the math.
White Organism Font Line Circle

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :((. Now Trailblazer SS (2006)
237 Posts
Look here (foto)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,424 Posts
Then there is also the Dorman AC bypass pulley:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,424 Posts
Since I do not have an image of one installed, it would look like Figure A in the OP's initial posting.

However, here is a link to a youtube video showing the installation:

Reactions: Trekie47 and MikEr

·
Registered
59 Posts
Since I do not have an image of one installed, it would look like Figure A in the OP's initial posting.

However, here is a link to a youtube video showing the installation:

Good video guide. We might do this bypass as well for the incoming '08 project. Got to finish installing the brake pads and truck shocks on the Ram this week before we can take a closer look at the TB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Look here (foto)
I know it's a little late, but thanks for the info. Ordered the right belt this time because the bandaid for the bandaid belt i bought fits, but not correctly so it squeals like somebody else had said in that thread.

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :((. Now Trailblazer SS (2006)
237 Posts
Good luck with the renovation. What belt did you buy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts