Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to TrailVoy so hope I am doing this correctly! I have a question: I have a 2004 Trailblazer EXT 4x4 4.2l. There is an increasing noise coming from the AC clutch - think or the pulley tensioner (lifter?) Can I just replace the bearings in the clutch or do I have to shell out the whole $500 for the sealed unit that Chev is trying to get me to buy? Thoughts? I look forward to your thoughts.:p

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Just fyi I bought a clutch for2003 trailblazer at Reilly for 210.00 with lifetime replacement. Keep in mind a dealership or someone with GM CPU will have to reflash your pcm with updated fan info. Cluch is simply to change and theres lots of videos and info on here to help you. It literally took me 20 min to switch out mine noooo problem as long as the nut has not seized up!

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. I am new to TrailVoy so hope I am doing this correctly! I have a question: I have a 2004 Trailblazer EXT 4x4 4.2l. There is an increasing noise coming from the AC clutch - think or the pulley tensioner (lifter?) Can I just replace the bearings in the clutch or do I have to shell out the whole $500 for the sealed unit that Chev is trying to get me to buy? Thoughts? I look forward to your thoughts.:p
Thanks Dorsann :)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Just a heads up my fan was actually good..... it ended up being a bad ect sensor which caused my fan to stay engaged constantly. Sensor was only 35.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts