Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am having an issue with my TB
It is an 07 LT with the I6 and 4WD, it has about 150k on it.

The ABS or TCS on the car is overly sensitive and prevents the car from stopping on many occasions. Its very dangerous as the TB will roll really far with the ABS going crazy when any other car would have come to a complete stop. This is independent of if the car is in 2hi auto or 4hi, although in when there is snow out I usually roll in auto

This has been bad, but is now really scary with even a bit of snow on the ground. The tires are fine as far as tread goes, maybe 1 or 2 PSI low when cold ( -11 the other day ) but fine when they warm up. The pads and rotors are less than 6 months old and where the "premium ceramic" option when I had them replaced.

I am not sure why it won't stop if I go anywhere near the brake pedal the ABS goes nuts and the car just rolls and rolls. We tested the same roads with many other cars/suvs and we had no issues stopping.

Just to try it I went to a parking lot and pulled the ABS fuse under the hood (#33) and it actually stops a little better, I mean the brakes lock and it slides a few feed... but id rather slide a few feet than roll through an intersection that a Yugo could stop at...

Any help or insight with this issue would be so appreciated. I will try to attach a video of the car attempting to stop at low speeds with a very small amount of plowed snow.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
I have this issue as well. What I do is let off and brake again and repeat as necessary. Basically as if it didn't have ABS

I thought it was just that I did stainless braided brake lines that made it that way. Mine is an 02.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,503 Posts
It is very possible that either one or both front wheel speed sensors are weak and not providing the ABS Controller good feedback on wheel speed. These sensors can be replaced fairly ease.

I am assuming you do not any ABS or brake warning lights illuminated on the dash.

Also, it is better not to use A4WD mode, it can put a strain on the transfer case and in some circumstances cause loss of traction when it kicks in.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No warning lights on. I will look into the ABS sensor as that makes sense to me, any idea how much it would cost a shop to do the front two? Seems like when I try the DIY route it ends up being longer and more expensive with my basic skills.

On the 4WD thing, I was told pretty much the opposite that I should only use the A4WD since I can keep it engaged and don't have to worry about the wheels binding when I turn. Does that warning still apply? Not trying to question anyone's wisdom but ive had many different people tell me one or the other is bad so im torn on what to do.

Ive never had a loss of traction with it in auto and the only thing I notice is the feeling when the front wheels "grab" after the backs slip, no cluncks or anything though. However I would rather not blow up a transfer case if that's what the A4WD does I just have a lot of conflicting info lol.

I am ready for summer when the ABS has no issues and the switch is set to 2Hi :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts