Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here's the deal...

I had the right wheel bearing replaced by one of the guys at the firehouse. It was a BCA bearing I believe. This was about 15000 miles ago, I was driving the other day and the ABS and Service Stability Control lights came on when I hit a bump with that wheel and when back off about 20 seconds later. It did it a couple times, and I could turn the car off then back on, lights would go off and as soon as I hit a bump with that side again they would come back on. Now they are on solid all of the time.

Come to find out, when he replaced the bearing the plug would not lock into the body side harness. So he secured it with electrical tape. This worked for about 15000 miles or so. I took it apart and cleaned it and replugged it together and the lights are still on. The connector wasnt secured to the frame during this time as was allowed to bang off the frame and bounce around.

Im wondering if there is any way to determine if its just the connector or the sensor itself. I feel like its should be the connector but i want to make sure before i hack the connectors off and hard wire the sensor to the car.

Can I use a mulitmeter and what time of reading should I look for to make this determination...

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
If the trouble code tells you that it is that wheel then it prob. could be the connector.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Those are typically Hall-effect (solid state) sensors. You can troubleshoot their waveforms with a scope, but typically not with a meter. And speed sensors like that are usually a very low level differential signal. Tough to see even on a scope. And you have to do it with the wheel rotating. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts