Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First post here. Diving my 2002 TB (99K mi) in the recent heavy snow storm last weekend, all was well. I did have an incident where I drove through a high snow pile while pulling onto an unplowed highway exit ramp at about 40 MPH (it was night and by the time I realized the unplowed condition it was too late). That was exciting.

Shortly after I realized the ABS warn lamp had appeared. Brake action was normal but no ABS present. I drove it the next day and noticed when first starting out that the ABS warn light had extinguished. During braking on DRY pavement, near the end of the braking period the ABS engaged (shouldn't have). It happened the next braking period also. During the third time I braked, the ABS light came back on.

That is what happens now everytime I drive it. After getting the warning, braking is normal in all respects except I have no ABS on slick roadways.

I suspect I probably screwed up one of the wheel speed sensors during that trip through the snow pile...either that or screwed up the ABS unit somehow.

Any suggestions on what to check from anyone having had this happen would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
....I suspect I probably screwed up one of the wheel speed sensors during that trip through the snow pile...
:iagree: I'd get underneath and see if it damaged the sensor or the wire. Too much of a coincidence that the light just came on after the snow incident.

I'd kinda doubt you damaged the ABS unit.
:m2:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
It might be a bad wheel speed sensor. You have to replace the Hub assembly.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might be a bad wheel speed sensor. You have to replace the Hub assembly.
It seems odd then that rockauto.com sells stand-alone speed sensors for the Trailblazer. Is there something odd in the way they are installed into the hub that prevents a mechanic from installing them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts