Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had that problem for a very long time..........
but over time it was getting worse and i just found what the problem is ..
i had a loose ground wire mine was the thick black wire connected to the fender in front of the batt. the thick one.
i found it by chance, when i was checking something and the wire was very hot and it was shorting so i did a test with the car on i started wiggling the wire and as soon as i saw the little sparks the chime started and i checked and the abs and park lights were on so i cleaned it lubed it and it's gone now and it even fixed my flickering prob and voltage meter wandering problems
in my opinion it's worth to check the grounds in the hood at least ...

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
135 Posts
you could also try bleeding the brakes. somebody told me once that air in the lines could cause the light to come on. once the air bubble moves on down the line the light goes off and when the bubble comes back up it goes on again.:undecided

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
21 Posts
moisture in module

I posted on another thread, the dealer scanned my system and said the ABS module got moisture in it. Before going there, a local tire store was unable to get the system to communicate with his scanner.

Dealer said $1000 for the module plus labor. I find modules on Ebay for cheap, but need instructions to do it myself. Any help?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts