Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, out of nowhere my ABS light came on. I am getting code C0110 Pump Circuit Malfunction. I took off the connectors, cleaned them and checked what I could.

After resetting, the ABS light went out, until I started driving again.

What is strange to me is the first time it came on, I was not even moving. I was sitting there just letting my TB warm up, not even in gear.

I haven't really been able to find much on troubleshooting this part of the system. Has anyone had any experience in doing this or point me in the right direction?

TX in advance.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The shop manual says the diagnostic is run as soon as you turn the ignition on, and it indicates an open or shorted or seized ABS pump motor. Since the pump is integrated in the module, there's not much you can do externally. You could swap the entire thing, but then a dealer would still have to reprogram it with the proper tire size.

Ahhh, here's a used on on Ebay for $129 that wouldn't need reprogramming:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Roadie!! So even if I buy a new one, I still have to have a dealer program it? They don't sell them new pre programmed for specific vehicles? Interesting.

I'd rather not get a used one, as there would really be no way to tell how it would last. Figures mine went out 2 weeks after I make my final payment.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Trailvoys have over a dozen modules that have flash memory and must be programmed by a dealer's tech tool before use. Unless you buy a used one that's from a vehicle similar enough that it works.

An evil corporate design policy to ensure the hands of the dealers can stay firmly implanted in the wallet pocket of their local flock. .... I mean, participate in the revenue stream. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.