Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Trailblazer EXT, 2008 Trailblazer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a report from OnStar that I have a problem with my ABS.

I pulled the codes and had a C0055 and C0161. Now I replaced the rear wheel speed sensor once before and cleared the code. But now I have this other code referring to the brake switch. I don't have TCS.

Now looking back at my code history I saved the C0055 seems to have never gone away after replacing the sensor. Maybe for a bit but it is in almost all my retrievals.I hate swapping parts until it goes away. The research says it's a common issue and the common fix was the sensor replacement. Now I guess I need to start at the pigtail and work towards the ABS module?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
684 Posts
As you are likely aware.... Codes don't ever tell you a part is defective, they tell you there is trouble 'somewhere' in that circuit. So yes indeed, you would begin by closely inspecting the wiring. I expect a lot of parts get replaced when the real trouble was the pigtail/harness connection! There was a tsb for some wiring from a speed sensor on the transfer case or transmission, not sure which. Anyway there were issues with a section of twisted pair wiring from a speed sensor to the main harness? Anyway, a close inspection of the wiring is in order.

At the EBCM there is a trouble spot with the ground from that module to the frame under the truck, beneath the drivers seat area. A TSB was issued for this also that involved replacing the electrical terminal as well as the bolt to the frame. I just cleaned up and re-used the originals.

IMG_20191207_131550.jpg

As for the TCS switch,,,, this is also commonly called the ABS/TCS switch. Part of the brake switch. There are 3 separate switch circuits within the single 'brake switch'. The switch can be disassembled and cleaned up in a pinch but it is a pain to remove so might be worth just replacing the unit.

P1090079.JPG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts