Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still air

I let the reservoir empty out when flushing the brake fluid. Im getting new fluid out of each caliper but still soft pedal. Seems theres air there somewhere. (also bled the MC) So was just seeing if there was air in the ABS, how I would go about gettin it out.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
Yeah, after I posted my question I found your other thread. Did you try my method I posted about? I was very susprised it worked. Air in the ABS system will not effect normal braking. One other thing that works is heavily stomping the brake pedal to jar loose any air bubbles remaining.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The MC, 4 calipers are all bled so maybe it would just be the ABS?

Even if there a few more air bubbles in there, wouldnt I still have SOME braking ability? Im having zero when on, some resistance when off, but not near enough.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
107 Posts
When bleeding the brakes, just pretend the brake system is non abs, you would bleed it the same way. When I changed my abs pump on my tb, I bled the system like a non abs system. After I got all the air out, I started up the car and put it in drive and hit the brakes (had it on 4 jackstands and in 4wd). The abs pump came on, I would shut off the car and bleed it again. I did all four wheels like this. With this being said, as long as the pump was not engaged when there was air in the system, there is no way the pump got air in there, unless u have a bad pump, which I would doubt.
Good luck
Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
When bleeding the brakes, just pretend the brake system is non abs, you would bleed it the same way. When I changed my abs pump on my tb, I bled the system like a non abs system. After I got all the air out, I started up the car and put it in drive and hit the brakes (had it on 4 jackstands and in 4wd). The abs pump came on, I would shut off the car and bleed it again. I did all four wheels like this. With this being said, as long as the pump was not engaged when there was air in the system, there is no way the pump got air in there, unless u have a bad pump, which I would doubt.
Good luck
Dave
What is the bleeding sequence for 2002 trail blazer ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Zombie resurrection....

There really isn't a sequence in bleeding an ABS or Traction Control system. Just be sure to invert a 1 pint can of new brake fluid in the filler neck of the master cylinder,
.... kinda like a water cooler bottle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Zombie resurrection....

There really isn't a sequence in bleeding an ABS or Traction Control system. Just be sure to invert a 1 pint can of new brake fluid in the filler neck of the master cylinder,
.... kinda like a water cooler bottle.
Wow does thi really work? It wont just keep dumping from the bottle into the Res and overflow? This is an amazing tip if it works and for a one person bleed job like I always have to. It keep you from having to keep topping off. This is a nice tip! I still not convinced it wont overflow out of the reservoir but hope it works.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow does thi really work? It wont just keep dumping from the bottle into the Res and overflow? This is an amazing tip if it works and for a one person bleed job like I always have to. It keep you from having to keep topping off. This is a nice tip! I still not convinced it wont overflow out of the reservoir but hope it works.
Those inverted water bottles in office coolers and waiting rooms work on the same theory. I think it might have been Bernouli who documented that a few hundred years ago.....

But yeah... it won't overflow if the neck of the brake fluid container can fit into th e reservoir.

Enjoy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts