Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of this before but it finally happen to me. On my way to work this morning I went over some bumps getting on the hwy and felt the abs kck in a little, I was on the brake a little so maybe it detected something no big deal. Well a few minutes later I am coasting down getting off on my exit and not on the brake at all and the stabilitrack light comes on and the truck nose dives the brakes come on and off, on and off. I am in a turn going back over the hwy and now I am a little sideways b/c the isntane brake on at 40mph in a turn! Now normally I like this but only if i am initiated it. The whole last few miles to work the truck is surging from the brakes arbutarily applying. Get to work and try to get my Service manager(I work at chevy) to take a ride with me but he says it is just a sensor, no need for a ride.

Well she goes in the shop and of course there are some codes but cant find anything wrong! The techs here have seen something similar to this before but they have to follow the TSB's. They cleared the codes and ordered some parts for a ground update and try that and see. Well we shall see.

I have had no real problems with this thing other then a rear main seal(no big deal common on the ls's, wish it would leak again so I can put my Tq converter in hehe), ign switch and this. I am pushing 20k miles on her now too.

Anyone know how they fixed this if you had it?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
96 Posts
sounds a little like my problem as well except involved front left brake only....6 times to dealer where I bought it....no codes were stored. Threw a bunch of parts (yaw sensor, lateral acellerator sensor and ECBM) at it with no resolve to problem....went to another dealer....took them 4 days to diagnose but turned out to be faulty wiring and/or terminal connection.

That was 3 months ago. Fixed, however I am bringing it back in next Tuesday for intermittent stabilitrak light and service stabilitrak warnings with no other symptoms this time. I'm thinking still faulty wiring. Will update here when resolved.

Sorry I can't be more technical with the details....:eek:

·
East Canada Chapter
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
404 Posts
Might be the wheel bearing Hub. Im not sure if the SS hub has the ABS sensor attached to it like it does on the 02; TB but thats the problem i'm having right now. Replaced the wheel bearing hub due to noise and now the ABS light comes on/off and at times the abs will randomly come on when your on the brake. :weird: ****ty thing is the hub on these things arent cheap cuz of the stupid ABS sensor attached to em :hissy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts