Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday. I replaced the passenger side with a used hub. And also a better but used brakes only on that side. Fairly new. Hub was much better than the last one. Im sure its the brakes. I did not remove the valve to bleed the brakes. Neither did my dumbass put brake fluid in. Do i need to take the caliper off. Or just bleed the brakes like i actually should? A scratching noise is coming from the brakes and the abs and i p brake light is on. 馃槅

Registered
Well.... yeah ---> you broke the viscous continuity of the hydraulic system and therefor it needs to be bled. That's elementary.

BUT ---> USED brakes? I can see a used caliper - although I think that's a bad idea too. But a used set of brake pads? Not so good. There'll be at last some imbalance in braking effect with oddball pads on one side.

Whatever!

The ABS might be a bad reluctor or polepiece - but that requires an analog meter or a very slow trend-type digital meter to see the pulses when you rotate that new-used hub to see if it actually works or is defective.

From your statements and questions I think you are in over your head here. Find a real buddy to get you through this --- or pay a shop to straighten it out for you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Not at all bro. Just a young mechanic learning! The backing plate was backwards. That was the rubbing ! Fixed! By myself. It had gotten dark when i was working and i started to hurry and finish. It drives perfect. Ive done all the work so far. Thermostat Spark plugs. Coil packs. Axle hub. 2 window regulators. Speakers. Im doing great! She drives like a champ

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Yes bleeding the brakes is elementary. Lol. I can feel small air in the system whenever i go to stop it does a little fart noise and taps. If i cAn find enough videos ill try to ac compressor. Or just let my diesal mechanic friend fix it

Registered
I've never heard brake fluid fart. I'll be waiting to see what you do to get rid of the air in the system... and just for edification --->DO NOT EVER force brake fluid backwards into the ABS controller! NEVER!

IMHO -- I would NEVER buy parts from a junkyard that I'd install on any of my vehicles.

Junkyards are just venues to buy parts that you are going to rebuild or for which you need some obscure bracket - but NEVER just grab-n-buy-n-install-as-is. :eek:

You've committed what I call "HUMMERS" in that when I read your post - I go "Huh-mmmmm"?!?!

Just my opinion, mind you.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Might just bleed the caliper. Should fix it. It wasnt doing it before i started tge hub r&r

1 - 6 of 6 Posts