Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, like the title says I am planning to replace the Door Mode Actuator on our new to us 2003 Envoy XL SLT with the dual climate controls. I actually found this site when our mechanic said it was a $500+ job to remove the entire dash and replace the part..yikes.

I sourced most of my info from these two threads (linked below) which seem to be fairly comprehensive. In our vehicle: all air vents seem to work properly and dispense air as expected. I do however get the clicking noise only when the Mode switch is in the floor or floor/defrost mode. In addition, the Driver knob on the control module does the inconsistent number climb mentioned in a few threads here as well. I assume the two could be related?

So, despite everything actually working, I would like to end the clicking noise and replace the Control Module (since it is also has a few lights out and signs of wear.) Any and all advice on this process is greatly appreciated!:thx

Replacement parts:

-AC Delco Part #15-73599

-Dorman A/C Control Module Part #599-211

Sourced Threads: (not enough posts for links)

The sticky under 02-09 "Hot-to" by 03Huggy

and

"Mode Actuator Replacement 2006 Trailblazer" by dmtaurus

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,765 Posts
I would stay away from Dorman electrical parts, they are not very reliable. You may want to try getting the control panel at a salvage yard.

As far as replacing the Mode actuator, you may need to do some metal cutting to gain access to it. There is a metal bracket that may be in the way. At the thread linked below is a picture of the three actuators on the driver's side.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=158209

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,765 Posts
The biggest problem with the panel is getting the slider knobs off, if you try to pry them off, the slider potentiometer will break.

You might be able to find some of the other knobs on Ebay, but the cost of a used panel is probably close to the cost of individual parts.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Success!

Just a follow up - I installed the new actuator without incident! The whole job was really pretty simple thanks to the other threads posted here. Certainly saved a lot of green.

The new actuator was pre-calibrated in the "off" position - pointing to the 11 o'clock alignment mark. I cycled through the system with the old part installed until it pointed to the same mark then removed the two screws and re-installed the new part with no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.