Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
48 Posts
Window Automation System

Wondering You Can Help....

Finally gotten alarm installed, but we were having a hard time with the front Window Automation System for front windows because of the auto control, does anyone know how to wire the Window Automation System corrently? I read their must be some type of relay but i want to be sure before i head back to shop to complete the install for the front windows.

·
Registered
2005 buick rainier
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Wondering You Can Help....

Finally gotten alarm installed, but we were having a hard time with the front Window Automation System for front windows because of the auto control, does anyone know how to wire the Window Automation System corrently? I read their must be some type of relay but i want to be sure before i head back to shop to complete the install for the front windows.
What module do you have? The website for the module should have wiring instructions.

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
Also, I sometimes get a "Trunk open" alert and it sets the alarm off. Ive tried setting the Trunk/Aux output to OFF and Validity, both seem to work sometimes. Im back to OFF now, Ill check it again tomorrow.
I was wondering if you ever figured out exactly what was causing this as I am having the same exact problem. I also have both a tilt sensor and backup battery. Would really appreciate it if you could share any info as I am stumped.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Are there problems with my remote??

I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out as I have not been able to find a solution. I am getting an intermittent 'Remote Start Error' with one flash of the parking lights. If I then unlock/unarm it will start working again (even if I lock/arm it again). It's almost like the remote has to reconnect with the system. It happens each time I go into my office. In addition when I would go out, it would unarm and not unlock unless I pushed the unlock button twice. I was able to work around that by changing the lock pulse to 3.5 seconds. I am confused because if I keep the remote close to the car it will work fine (i.e. it works fine each morning). I have tried reprogramming the DLPKGM but it does not make a difference.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
4 Posts
I just installed a Viper 5901 and XK09 in my 08 TB. Everything works great. The park light had to be wired as the XK09 doesn’t support them. The 2nd accessory brown wire is not necessary to be powered for the remote start unless you want the wipers to work while under remote start.

PS: The DLPKGM by XpressKit is discontinued.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My setup and issues

2007 Trailblazer SS
Viper 5901
Xpresskit XK01

I've gotten the door locks to work and the factory disarm to work properly. I've also gotten the remote start to work (on occasion). I think I've narrowed down my issue with the remote start to being a low voltage situation. Not sure why I'm having low voltage problems since I have a fairly new Optima battery. If I just get out of my TB after a nice drive, I can remote start it and it stays running, however if I go to work and try remote starting it after its been sitting for a few hours it'll start and run for 10-15 seconds, shutdown and re-start in the same manner 2 other times. After the third it shuts down I get a "Remote Start Off" indicator on my remote. Checking the valet switch/led for last remote start shutdown its saying its a low voltage check. I believe I'm running my system in voltage mode and not virtual tach or true tach.

I'd like to change the system to true tach but I'm not sure which wire the tach is and what is the most convenient location to pick up tach.

On a second note, the XK01 module is suppose to do window roll-up as well as heated seats. I believe the heated seats I'll have to connect a relay up for, but haven't yet. Is there a way to check to see if the heated seats are going to work? I'd hate to hook it up and find out when it starts getting below freezing that the heated seats option isn't working. I also believe this goes for the defogger. I know my windows fog up at higher temperatures than freezing.

Has anyone gotten the XK01 to do the rollup window option or checked to confirm heated seats and defogger? While trying to program the XK01 I can't get it to change the option 5> (window rollup option) On. It is suppose to quick flash twice when set to on, and quick flash once when set to off, but all I ever get is one quick flash as if it isn't programming correctly.

I just ordered a XKLoader2 which is suppose to reflash the XK01 to factory settings also load in the latest firmware, which I already believe is installed.

Any help here?? :confused:

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
48 Posts
Been having a issue with my install, sometimes when i use autostart my alarm goes off after it attempts to turn on and something turn on and off after a few minutes on. Happens rarely but still curious if anyone is having this issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Been having a issue with my install, sometimes when i use autostart my alarm goes off after it attempts to turn on and something turn on and off after a few minutes on. Happens rarely but still curious if anyone is having this issue?
Which alarm is going off? The factory alarm or the aftermarket alarm?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have any additional sensors added to your alarm? The only thing that will activate your alarm is door triggers, hood trigger, trunk trigger, and any type of shock sensor. I believe I've named them all. I believe your shock sensor should be turned off during remote starting but the other zones are left on until you disarm the system. If you have any other additional sensors, it may not be disabled during remote start and causing your alarm to go off.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
48 Posts
Have all sensors but trunk release, would most likely have to mess with setting on remote. Still not sure about why the auto start turns on and off?:undecided

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can check the installation manual for shutdown diagnostics. It's pretty simple to do on the viper alarms. Not sure about autostart.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
60 Posts
If you have it installed, a backup battery will set an alarm off during remote start sometimes. While starting, your voltage will drop. If the 520T (backup battery) module senses this, it will trigger your alarm. You'll need to install a DEI pulse timer relay to between the alarm and 520T.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
48 Posts
Wow that answer all my answers completely, my other question what kind of relay is need for the front windows module.?

121 - 140 of 174 Posts