Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was a rough day. A friend of mine was working one of the EMS radios when her husband comes up screaming on the radio and to start pd and ems to division 1 (where all the ambulances are based in the east end). He advised her he had just been stabbed. We dropped him 10-30 (public safety personnel down) on the ems radio and the pd radio and had help to him in about 1 1/2 minutes. The story below is about the incident.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=10442210

Once she knew he had help with him, I persuaded her to let me take over the radio and we called a police car to take her code 3 to the hospital while her husband was transported to RM 9. (trauma room)

He is recovering well, he suffered a 3 inch wide by 2 1/2 inch deep laceration to the upper right quadrant of the centerline abdomen. I can not imagine a worse experience on the radio for a wife or husband. I am lucky to have not married someone who is related to my field of work.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Well today was a rough day. A friend of mine was working one of the EMS radios when her husband comes up screaming on the radio and to start pd and ems to division 1 (where all the ambulances are based in the east end). He advised her he had just been stabbed. We dropped him 10-30 (public safety personnel down) on the ems radio and the pd radio and had help to him in about 1 1/2 minutes. The story below is about the incident.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=10442210

Once she knew he had help with him, I persuaded her to let me take over the radio and we called a police car to take her code 3 to the hospital while her husband was transported to RM 9. (trauma room)

He is recovering well, he suffered a 3 inch wide by 2 1/2 inch deep laceration to the upper right quadrant of the centerline abdomen. I can not imagine a worse experience on the radio for a wife or husband. I am lucky to have not married someone who is related to my field of work.

No one is safe anymore... I am glad help was able to get to him quickly and that he recovers fast. I hate reading stories like this, first the hairs stand up on the back of my neck then the rage kicks in....

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I could go on a very large rant here ... but I'll save it. Glad to hear that it was not life-threatening and he will recover well. I know a lot of us, myself included, don't even think this type of thing could happen until it does. Reminds everyone to be on their guard at all times.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Just another reason why we should show NOTHING BUT RESPECT for all people in these lines of work. There are more good people getting hurt every day because of the jerks that are the basis of most peoples opinions. My prayers are out to everyone risking their lives everyday to protect and help the ignorant.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,401 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear about this. I'm glad that he is recovering. I also hope they caught the low life scum bag who did this to him. When I was attending EMT school I always had a very bad feeling that I would be at work and something would happen to a family member.. then I'd hear the call go out on the radio. I think its for the best that I decided that being an EMT wasn't for me.

What is this world coming to?:hopeless

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers. I know the family really appreciated it. On the note of catching him... The cops know the need to hurry up since every EMT and Paramedic in division 1 is now carrying and have told them we will shoot first and let you all sort out the mess. That being said, it brings up an interesting question. If you are the one who shoots someone out of self defens are you bound by the rule of ethics to provide care on them?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
131 Posts
Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers. I know the family really appreciated it. On the note of catching him... The cops know the need to hurry up since every EMT and Paramedic in division 1 is now carrying and have told them we will shoot first and let you all sort out the mess. That being said, it brings up an interesting question. If you are the one who shoots someone out of self defens are you bound by the rule of ethics to provide care on them?
wow... most places I know of (around here anyway) EMT's are not allowed to carry. I thought it was a federal thing. might just be NC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts