Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a rattle coming from the back of my 2009 GMC Envoy. I am having the hardest time figuring out what it is and where it's coming from! I did the suspension and sawybar but it doesn't sound like it is any of those. It almost sounds plastic, not a metal sound. I thought that maybe the spare tire somehow got loose, I re-tightened it, but the noise is still there.
Could it be the swaybar (Hotchkis) due to it being a bit larger. Maybe hitting the trailing arms or tranny? I looked but it's not showing any signs of touching any other parts..
Could the rear bumper be getting loose??
I am only noticing it at lower speeds, when I enter or exit a driveway or go over bumps/ or pot holes in the road..
Once on the highway - nothing!

Anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
14 Posts
im late on this. And maybe you sold the truck since then , have the same issue on mine. Check the rear cover. If you hit it with your fist up aginst the trailer hitch that should be the sound your getting. Does it to me at slow speeds , over bumps took forever to find it. Needs like a foam insulator in the back to push it away form the metal hitch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts