Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey my fellow trailblazers I need help big time. My trailblazer, an '06 4.2 lt, is acting up, and I have no idea what the problem is. When I start driving highway speed, my whole car starts to shake inside and out, and i feel the brake pulsate when I press on them, also does this when i reverse sometimes. Also I hear a strange sound coming from the wheels. Now I took my truck to the dealership, and a regular mechanic I go to. I fixed a front wheel bearing, a u-joint passenger rear, didn't help. I changed my struts and shocks, also my rotors, and brakes. Tidbit: when i changed my rotors and brakes it helped considerably, then the way it was before, but it is still doing the problem above. One of my tires, kept losing balance so we put the spare rim no go. Dealership, and the mechanic, don't know whats wrong, and im outta money to keep fixing even though they were needed, to keep fixing something that's not stopping the problem. Please someone help, any suggestion or did anyone have a similar problem? I love this truck, but this problem, is making me want to get rid of it, going out of my mind!!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
15 Posts
Does it matter if your accelerating, coasting, cruising, or braking?
At what speed do you start noticing it?
How long ago did you replace all those parts?
You could have a broken belt in one or more tires. How are they all wearing?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unknown problem

Does it matter if your accelerating, coasting, cruising, or braking?
At what speed do you start noticing it?
How long ago did you replace all those parts?
You could have a broken belt in one or more tires. How are they all wearing?
It starts around 60 mph, everything is new, not even 2 months old. tires a good for another year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had perfectly good tires break belts at about 75% tread and I couldn't tell until I hit a certain speed say 55-70.

Does your shake get worse or stay the same if you go faster say 80-90

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a magic unknown

I have had perfectly good tires break belts at about 75% tread and I couldn't tell until I hit a certain speed say 55-70.

Does your shake get worse or stay the same if you go faster say 80-90

it gets worse the faster I go.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I figured it out, it ended up being the wheel bearing.
But you said in post #1 that you changed a wheel bearing. :confused:

Was it the OTHER one?

Did they misdiagnose it and all the rest of the cost was wasted? I'd be a bit more angry at the goof who misdiagnosed it in that case...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah it ended up being the passenger side, both wheel bearing went bad lol. i changed the driver side but the passsenger side didnt show anything wrong, so by luck i just changed it for the hell of it, and it fixed the problem. the only reason i even decided to do it is because the new brakes i put in were fading dramatically fast, so were the new rotors and i didnt know why. The bad thing is I have to buy to brakes again, and i machined my new rotors, but atleast I solved my problem.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Done that my own self with the bearing. Keep an eye on the Midwest chapter as we will be having some meets in Spring some time and there's a good group of us in Ohio.

Also, you might want to check out this thread: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=70010&highlight=brakes+ebay. With the reviews everyone is giving them, I'm going to replace my brakes with these when the time comes.

Matt

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts