Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:duh:Wow the last couple months have been quite buzy. It started with the brakes. Front and rear. So the replacement started , 4 new rotors, 4 new sets of pads. Thank goodness the calipers where in good shape. Then discovered the driverside outer tie rod was almost shot.:cry: So its replaced now. I thought I was done then the Hub bearings got noisey. So replaced both of these. Of course they couldn't fail when the brakes where off the truck.:bonk: Then yesterday morning I walked out to the truck to discover a puddle of tranny fluid under her.... NOOOOOOOOO..... :crazy: The return line from the cooler was dripping. Well I am thankful to say , I have a boyfriend who is not afraid to get dirty, and all repairs have been done in the driveway, so my girl is running fine without issue today. I just have to say do not pound the rust off the rock shield in behind the front rotors. They warp bad as my boyfriend found out , and still have a little annoying rub on the edge of the rotor as the truck goes down the road. He will be replacing them next I think.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Welcome! But how many miles? If it's like 100K, and that's your only maintenance, your repair savings account must be in very good shape. Seriously, that's not a lot of stuff to go wrong compared to some members with worse luck. I assume the tranny cooler line was corrosion from winter salt?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
624 Posts
Thats great that he can do all the work for you. You saved a lot of money. It seems that if something is going to go wrong, it comes in bursts. Mine started at inspection. First it needed front pads, then came ball joints, then strut mounts, then i discovered a leaking axle boot. I wasn't mad at all because i knew that is all regular things that need replaced sooner or later. My tb is at 80k so while it was in the shop for all of this, i had the tranny fluid changed.

Only thing i am slighty worried about it a shudder in the drivetrain when taking off after the tb has ran a while. I hoping its not the transmission :sadcry:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
yea i'm at 120k just had water pump, alternator, thermostat, ac condensor, brakes refixed (did them when i first go the truck a few years ago and everything was fine but a few things i couldnt get rite lol)..

next on my list will probably being the tie rod, sway bar, end links... stuff like that...

but before that i only had 1 problem till the 120k mark with all this..

how many miles u got on there?

and yea the brake shields are easily bent outta shape lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.