Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have started losing a lot of oil, about a quart every 100 miles or so. It seems to be coming out of the resonator and spreading all over the valve cover. At first I thought it was a blown gasket on the passenger side of the engine because of the smoke coming from there, but then I saw that the oil was dripping onto the exhaust manifold and I think that is what is causing the smoke. Also, when idling sometimes white smoke will puff out of the air filter box - not constant, but it does do it every time I idle. So long as the engine is full of oil it runs fine - smooth and powerful. It is not overheating and there is no coolant leak. There doesn't seem to be any smoke coming out of the exhaust either.

The best I can tell the oil seems to be coming out of the bottom of the little bent tube connected to the underside of the resonator. I cleaned my throttle body according to the procedures on this site about 3 months ago, but this problem didn't start up until about 2 weeks ago right after I changed my oil and oil filter.

Does anybody know what could be causing this?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
how much oil did you put in?
what filter did you use?
what oil weight did you put in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts