Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago i had the stock muffler and resonator taken off my 05 Envoy and a Flowmaster 40 Muffler put in with a straight through exhaust with chrome tip at the back. Also had a 2nd pipe put in to make it look like dual exhaust but of course it isnt :laugh:. So now after weeks of driving the flowmaster is a little to loud for me and does sound a bit ricey. Even some of my friends say it sounds like a Honda lol. But aside from the drone and loudness i have noticed quite a bit of low end torque increase. How do i go about modifying this exhaust so that i quiet the drone and loudness( i still do want it to rumble, just not all the drone in the cabin) but still retain some of the power i gained from going this way in the first place? i also would actually like to make it a true dual exhaust. Thought? Comments? Suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
flowmaster

If you look on the flowmaster website they have resonators for their mufflers u can try that to tone it down a bit and keep the low end power you like also you can try a 50 series or the hushpower flomasters:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
If you had a shop do the install see if they have an inline resonator to put in behind the muffler. Thats what I did however I have the 50 series muffler. It made it sound much better and my fiancee will drive the truck again although I'm not sure thats a good thing.:D

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
46 Posts
Not to hijack your thread.. But now im a little confused.. I have been told that the resonators were needed to give more back preasure, which increases low and mid range torque... I have no idea about the whole back preasure thing.. From what i had been told, that would mean that you would get LESS low end... I am getting ready to install the same set up that you have... so any info would be great!!

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
First off, no such thing as too loud:D Like they said, try a quieter flowmaster. And don't forget to post up the 40 series for one of us to buy afterwards. I'm sure someone will want it. Hell, I might take it.

And to sniper, the muffler provides the back pressure and the resonator is mainly for sound. Now, I will admit that a high flow muffler and res delete even throws my check engine light on, maybe once every three to five months for five minutes. No big deal.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
46 Posts
sounds good.. Thanks for the info... Im looking at doing the Magnaflow 5"x11"x22" and to the best of my knowledge it is a high flow.
And yes... There is no such thing as TOO LOUD!!!! Atleast for me, No rice, and little drone.. and as loud as i can get it when im WOT!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts