Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get a coupon in the mail from my dealership saying I get a discount on my Ascender's upcoming inspection/emissions if I take it to the dealership. I called around other places, and it turns out the dealer's price was the cheapest. Figuring this was my first vehicle's inspection, I figured it might be a good idea to take it to the dealer anyhow in case any warranty work or service bulletins needed to be done.

So the dealership service calls me up and tells me my vehicle passed inspection without a problem, and they only had to replace the passenger side window wiper. I'd been lazy and shoulda replaced this last month, but the dealer took care of it so ok.. good deal.

I goto pickup my vehicle, and the dealership service center tells me they gave me a free tire rotation. Problem with this is my tires were just rotated 200 miles prior to! Why would I want this? When I told them about this, they said they'd rotate the tires back, but they'd have to charge me for it! :rolleyes: Then I get the bill and the price for inspection/emission were as promised, but they charged me $24 DOLLARS for a WIPER BLADE! I complained about that too, and they stated that was a very competitive price for a factory wiper blade. You gotta be kidding me. Slapping myself in the head for not going to advance auto parts and getting a good wiper blade for $8 a week earlier...

Needless to say, I'm never going back to the stealership..... Ok I'm done ranting...

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
You're on your own with the wiper blade, but the rotation was unauthorized and I would demand they return the tires to their original location.....go to the front office of the Steelership if necessary

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
624 Posts
ya i would definately make them change the tires back. I had the same issue when i went for new tires. I told them i wanted white out. they put them on black out!!:hissy: I told them that they needed to change them back because i specifically said white out. It was even on the work sheet for the mechanic. I had the manager come out and show the guy. He said that i would have to charged a rediculous $100 to change the tires. I then completely flipped out and said that i am not walking out of here until they are changed back! They agreed and i stood by the door watching the guy like a hawk to make sure he didn't even look at my TB the wrong way. man he was pissed...:dielaugh: when he kept looking at me.

I also agree with the stealership overpricing everything. About two weeks ago i wanted to put a bug shield on the hood of the TB. I went to chevy to price them and they wanted $99. I had no idea how much they were, but i kept pricing with Advanced Auto. They had the same EXACT one for $29!:eek: I couldn't believe that!!!!!

Alright i am done venting :x

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:iagree:

Was this a local dealer to the Murrysville area?
This was the dealer from North Huntingdon... The only Isuzu/Suzuki dealer around here. I don't wanna mention names on the board but I think you know who I'm talking about.. Needless to say it's not going back there other than for Warranty work.

I've often wondered though if a Chevy dealer would do warranty work on my Isuzu being it's made in the same GM plant as the trailblazer. I'd much rather drive 2 minutes up the road to the Chevy dealer rather than about 20-25 minutes to the Isuzu dealer. That's something I should probably check out soon. Anyone else done this?

Also, I sent the dealer Service Manager of the dealership an e-mail stating how I was very upset over the tire rotation and them stating they would charge me to have the tires re-rotated. Waiting for a response, and if I don't get one in a couple days, I'll call and ask for him specifically now that I have his name. Geesh... What happened to calling and asking before you do any work and make any changes?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
well i took my voy to a chevy stealership they tried to talk me into taking it to GMC after telling them it was easier for me to get my work done there they went ahead and did all my warrenty work... side note had to take it back 3x's to get it right .... they even gave me a loaner while it was in the shop not to mention eat the bill when it was damaged by a hail storm that passed in the night ( $5600.00) worth of paintless repairs still have a ding in the windshield trim have to live with it now since i didnt notice it till well after signing it off so always make sure you check EVERYTHING out with a fine tooth comb before exepting it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.