Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
very nice, get some good m/t's and you'll be fine to go through that mud pit that it looks like you got stuck in

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wish that i could say i got stuck in there with stockers but i was actualy pulling my buddies jeep out. we kept going through makin ruts and the only thing you had to do was control gas and brake no steering required the ruts just pushed you around the whole way. the guy with the jeep some how got out of ruts and side ways. we ended up rockin it for 5 min before he let me pull him. he could not go back or forwards. the front of the jeep was almost against a tree

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unfortunetly james i had to as u know there are no hooks on the front and i left the lock on the reciever hitch over winter because i had my snowmobile trailer pretty much everywhere i went. i have a hook that goes in there but i could not get the lock out it is seized. and he needed a pull so it was the only thing that was available at the time

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Hm, I actually didn't realize the Envoy didn't have front recovery hooks... that's depressing. I think as long as you were gentle and were working with a dynamic strap, you would be within the working load limit of the ball. Just don't go yanking hard.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
i wouldn't use the ball much at all, i'd first wrap it around the hitch then if there was no hook on the strap, use the ball.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya your not the only one depressed with out the front hooks lol. id have to cut somethin in front bumper. but thats not going to happen. so i was looking at one of those front mount hitches. so i could put a hook or shackel in. as for the ball i had the strap tight and there was no jerking required. he just needed a little extra persuasion to get back into the ruts. my prefrence for off roading is mud bog and thats what i got my big truck for but some things its just to big for and some people do not apreciate the noise lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Since you couldn't get the ball out, I understand your dilemma.

Even without a hook, you can use the receiver pin:

That's the best alternative to a good hook or shackle. The ball should be avoided if ever possible.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya i wasnt to sure how well it would have gone over. i was not exactly sure on how deep it was. it was all done in 2 wheel drive until i had to back up on that one hump i slowed down a little because i didnt want to scratch the side of truck. if anything had of happened my brother was there with his diesel to pull me out lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts