Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i have a few questions first off where are the plugs and wires i want to do a tune up. are there any ignition upgrades i can do and what plugs and wires can i put in now when i take off regular acceleration and get to 2nd gear it has a lurch senation now it dosent happen all the time now when i get to 4rd it feels as a sludge feeling but if i go to passing its like a bat out of hell no slipping when i did the tranny service the filter was fine and the oil was still redish not bright and dident smell burnt, but i am the second owner so idk i have 80k on it i dont know if its a ignition issue or tranny issue but where can i start and what can i do

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,513 Posts
Ha ha, my sig does not apply to your observation of yourself.

We don't have wires, just a short boot.

The plugs are in the centre of the head, much like a Hemi, under the plastic cover (part of air intake) on the top of the engine. Remove the cover, and you will see the 6 coils, the plugs are under the coils.

With 80k, the plugs are getting close to toss time, I like to change the O2 sensor when I change plugs (we have 2, you only need to change the front one).

The problem you are describing is one that most of us have. It's the way the PCM was programmed. A lot of members have had their PCM "tuned" to improve the condition.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
There are no wires. The plugs are hidden under the intake cover on top, and then the coils are plugged onto the plugs. Most of us use AC Delco. Run a search for plugs and read up.

Another thing that helps a lot is to clean the throttle body. Cheap fix for rough idle and often helps initial accel.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=91

I'm going to fix up your thread title because it's not going to attract many folks who can help you.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Can you do anything about the grammar and punctuation??
It's being discussed. :eek:

Seriously, the OP should figure out soon what the local community standards are for writing style, and he can edit his own post for a short time. As you know, we generally tend to write in a way that wouldn't embarrass us if future employers saw it. Some members insist on marching to their own drummer. In my experience, those folks tend to get fewer technical responses and less advice in return.

When in Rome, and all that...... :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow asking for help went from getting help to making fun of me, Thanks!! just like my time going to dealer, they drive the car and say nothing is wrong. If most of you are worried about grammer then I am sorry, try getting help when you have 2 small kids sick. But anyway ill re-wright my thread.

Hey all,

Can you help me I am in need of a tune up and I need to know how to access the plugs. Also what plugs are the best for our trucks?. Are there any performance coils made for our trucks? and if so has anyone used them and whats the company makinging them?!?.

I have 80k on her and I am the second owner, when I get going and approach the 1-2 shift it seems like a lurching motion, and when at the 2-3 it seems like a large amount of pressure builds up and feels sluggish. If I give it more gas and attempt to go into passing gear it all works fine. I had the the tranny serviced and the filter was free of particles or metal, and the oil was not burnt and still had a reddish tint. What could it be if anything?

Thank You
The Re-Written Idiot

·
Registered
2004 chevy
589 Posts
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I meant no disrespect. I know what you mean about trying to get things done with little ones feeling under the weather, as I have 3 kids under 4 myself. It's just that from time to time there are posts on here that read like

WER AR THE PULG WIREZ!!1!eleven WTF1!!11 LOL
I guess I had read a few too many of those types yesterday and took it out on your post. Thanks for re-writing, and I hope your kids feel better soon!

:tiphat

Anyway, I'd start with cleaning the throttle body. :)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,269 Posts
dont take it in a wrong way...
its actually for your own good----
many times- theres post that are so poorly written- or in a run on sentence type of style-- that the readers- have a difficult time trying to figure out what the poster is trying to say....
in some cases the post is long--- and the reader- after a few lines- decides to give up trying to make sense of the post... and these post- dont get too many answers.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
in some cases the post is long--- and the reader- after a few lines- decides to give up trying to make sense of the post... and these post- dont get too many answers.
And the worst offenders seem to come back after only four hours, and post again "TTT" or "bump" and then two hours later come back with "What, nobody knows ANYTHING in this stupid forum?" and then they stomp off in a huff, all offended. We know you're not like that. Also, thanks for the rewrite. Let us know how bad the throttle body is when you get it off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its all good, hopefully my re-wording of things makes it easier to get some help. Im a poor wrighter but i try from time to time.

So now does anyone have any info on my issues

The new developent. Ive noticed on my rear view mirror that the passanger side airbag light is showing off!!, how can i turn it on?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
434 Posts
The passenger side air bag light will say off when there is no weight in the seat. I don't know the limit. But when someone sits there, it will say it is on. If it still says off with 150# person sitting in it, then you have a problem.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,456 Posts
The consensus here is go with the AC Delcos part #41-103 in the way of the spark plugs. As for the coils I hae not seen any performance coils but in previous posts Granatelli motor sports makes performance boots as ours has no wires. Dont know if its worth it as I have not tried 'em. :iagree: With cleaning the throttle body as it does help greatly. There is a few write ups on here that are pretty detailed. After cleaning the throttle body with the resonator and intake off you will see the coils and the plugs are under them. Good Luck.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,917 Posts
After using Bosch Plat +4s in my 02 for 30-40k I switched back to AC Delco Iridiums and my mileage went back up to what it was before (had lost about .5-1mpg depending, just spark plug swap no tuning changes, tires same pressure, etc). Think I have about 30k on them now and still running strong, Ill change them at 150k most likely (if I have it still).

As for performance spark stuff, there isnt any for our trucks.

The lurching motion is the stock shift, it sucks doesnt it? Get a tune from a vendor or local shop and that will be gone, plus you'll get better throttle response and usually 1-1.5mpg better at least on the hwy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks guys and gals. I have three last questions.

How do i access the spark plugs

Where can i go to get the tranny tuned

and is the tb a simple clean or does it get involving, would a tb spacer be worth it?

thanks again

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,269 Posts
replacing the spark plugs has been discussed several times-
I think a search may reveal a few post with tips.

as for the tb spacer-- skip it... worthless on the trailvoys

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.