Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on doing a Pan Drop tomorrow with new filter and gastke as well as upgraded Accumulator pistons and hardened springs and Servo.

My questions are.......
----Do i have to drain the fluid out when i replace the servo or is there just a little bit that will leak out when i remove the cover?

----Is it worth me getting the .490 Boost Valve as well ?
What exactly does this do and how hard is it to replace ?

----How do i lower the Trans?
I was thinking of removing the cat to get to the servo but
some people were saying they dropped the Trans. Is this a big
job or something fairly easy.

Any tips on the servo install would be greatly appreciated.'

Thanks in advance !!

·
Registered
165 Posts
x2 on this question! i really want to do this upgrade now and it seems there is a wealth of knowledge on this site so lets hear it guys!!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
480 Posts
You will lose about 2 ounces of fluid on a servo change. My trucks were 2wd and the way I dropped down the trans was to drop the back of the driveshaft put a jack on the rear trans mount unbolt the crossmember and slowly lower the trans down 2 or 3 inches. I did not unhook the exahust but if you did i would give a lot of room. Jay

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You will lose about 2 ounces of fluid on a servo change. My trucks were 2wd and the way I dropped down the trans was to drop the back of the driveshaft put a jack on the rear trans mount unbolt the crossmember and slowly lower the trans down 2 or 3 inches. I did not unhook the exahust but if you did i would give a lot of room. Jay
Thats exactly what i wanted to hear!
Thanks a million :)

Dont wry Nicknorie... Ill take Lots of pics and do a write up for everyone.

·
Registered
165 Posts
so did you do this upgrade?? if so post those pics! i wanna see how easy this is and if i should do it or not

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well......

I dropped the pan yesterday and did the Springs and accumulator pistons.
One of the pistons i got had the wrong size(Make sure you get the right year) hole so i didnt upgrade the 3-4 Accumulator piston or spring, but you really dont need to upgrade the 3-4.
Mainly just the 1-2 which is easy. The hardest part was dropping the pan.
I didnt really have time to do the servo and prob wont for a while cus im moving out of my house and off to college tomorrow,but when i do finally do it ill get pics

Changing out the springs and pistons are SUPER easy...
just put them back in exactly the same way they came out:D

Just drop the Pan and look for the big round thing toward the back passenger side of the valve body.
(top right of pic)

The Cylinder with the 59 on it in the pic is the 3-4 accml Piston
Some Fluid will leak out when out when you loosen the bolts so have the drain pan or a big towel to catch the fluid.

The Cylinder and old plastic piston

All Apart

Out with the old and In with the new !!

No Pain... No Glory...

BUT.......Most importantly !!! remember to put it ALL back in..I forgot one of the springs. only reaized it after the pan was back on and $40 worth of oil was put in.:hissy::hissy:

Soooo how did the shifts feel ????
I did feel a "slightly" firmer shift but nothing worth partying over.
I wasnt expecting it to be much firmer but i think its more for strength/reliability but together with the servo will be a nice upgrade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.