Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone, ill get down to business

1. my cruise control does not work and the computer is not telling me there is a problem.

2. the seal on the back driver door is coming off cause it is hitting the door panel when the door shuts. i tried gluing it but that didnt work.

3. i live in the desert (nm) and when i turn my AC on my engine overheats, not much but enough to make me concerned. i have changed the thermostat, flushed the radiator, correct fluid levels and mixture. new hoses. i cant figure out what is causing it to overheat. as soon as i turn the AC off, it stops overheating.

any help with these probs would be appreciated.

thanks guys and gals

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat . Have you ever had the fan clutch replaced? That could be the overheating problem. Have you checked all the fuses for the cruise control?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i replaced the fan clutch about 18 months ago. the check engine light came on and told me the electric fan clutch has gone out. so i got a new one and replaced it. can you tell when the fan clutch engages? i dont hear any diff when it engages which makes me think its not engaging the fan like it should.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Check the connection for the FC. If the engine is overheating the fan should be engaged and loud. Does it overheat when you are driving on the highway or just slowly, like in town speeds.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
On the other problems, the weatherstripping is a common problem, and you just need the right adhesive. 3M makes a specific weatherstripping adhesive, black and yellow, that works like gangbusters. The yellow one has the nickname Gorilla Snot.

And there are 30 or so issues that can suppress cruise control functionality. A dealer's scan tool can askthe PCM what the reason is. Very difficult for the home mechanic to tell unless you have some other things wrong that set a code, like the fan clutch.

What brand of fan clutch did you put in 18 months ago? There were some very poor ones on Ebay for $90-150 IIRC.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
If the fan clutch is okay, i think its normal. When it gets really hot here in chicago (90-100 degree weather) and I use the A/C, my car does tend to overheat, especially in stop/go traffic, but not much: maybe a tick mark or two. So i wouldn't really worry about it unless it was too drastic

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
69 Posts
If the Fan clutch is ok, the problem could be.

1. Radiator got blocked.
2. A Radiator Hose too flexible and it could get collapsed
3. Check with a scanner if the A/C signal is entering to the ECM, if not the PCM will not advance the spark and acelerate the car.
4. You must check after the car is cold, if the radiator have enough refrigerant, take out the cap and look for that, if it is low, maybe the radiator cap is broken.

Cesar Gallo
Medellin, Colombia

Excuseme for my english.:undecided

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If the fan clutch is okay, i think its normal. When it gets really hot here in chicago (90-100 degree weather) and I use the A/C, my car does tend to overheat, especially in stop/go traffic, but not much: maybe a tick mark or two. So i wouldn't really worry about it unless it was too drastic
That was much improved after a 2005 PCM software update, to keep the fan spinning at closer to engine RPM at idle. And of course the 2005 fan clutch redesign also helped. The dealer can reflash it for you. A fair price is 15 minutes work, but lots of dealers get you for 1 hour minimum. One cheater quoted $600!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the other problems, the weatherstripping is a common problem, and you just need the right adhesive. 3M makes a specific weatherstripping adhesive, black and yellow, that works like gangbusters. The yellow one has the nickname Gorilla Snot.

And there are 30 or so issues that can suppress cruise control functionality. A dealer's scan tool can askthe PCM what the reason is. Very difficult for the home mechanic to tell unless you have some other things wrong that set a code, like the fan clutch.

What brand of fan clutch did you put in 18 months ago? There were some very poor ones on Ebay for $90-150 IIRC.
i got my fan clutch from Auto Zone. i never buy **** off of ebay, you never know what you are going to get.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the Fan clutch is ok, the problem could be.

1. Radiator got blocked.
2. A Radiator Hose too flexible and it could get collapsed
3. Check with a scanner if the A/C signal is entering to the ECM, if not the PCM will not advance the spark and acelerate the car.
4. You must check after the car is cold, if the radiator have enough refrigerant, take out the cap and look for that, if it is low, maybe the radiator cap is broken.

Cesar Gallo
Medellin, Colombia

Excuseme for my english.:undecided

i checked and rechecked all those things a few months ago. everything is fine with the fluid and hoses. i am thinking about trying to find a larger radiator. or just get a new radiator, its the only thing i havent replaced/checked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Before to buy a new radiator, check with someone who lend you one, there is no reason for buy another bigger than the original...check the a/c signal with the scanner...

Cesar Gallo

·
Registered
69 Posts
In USA, there are a lot of sites with crashed cars, or garages with used spares, I think you can give them yours and a deposit and try a few days.....REAL PROBLEM is in colombia, where those cars are exclusive and you can not get a spares, you must buy in venezuela or import from USA.

Cesar Gallo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i changed my cam pos sensor, now my cruise works. now im working on a new problem.

my seat belt sensor is not registering my seat belt is fastened which is cause in my airbag light to come on. i took it apart and found the wires broke, so i fixed the wires and now cant get it to work right. i think im just going to have to get a new seat belt buckle unless you guys have a better idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts