Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Envoy. I have been having problems with the heater, and now it has seem to move to more of the electrical in the truck. In the last week and a half I have had to use a battery charger twice to start the truck. Once I do that and give my dad a ride to work the battery will stay charged for the rest of the day. But then in the morning it will start hard again or not all. While driving if you turn the blower on the truck starts to surge and almost dies while I'm driving it. Any ideas to help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
How old is the battery? Sounds like you need a new battery. When the battery goes dead the computer resets. When it does it has trouble controlling the throttle body because it is dirty. So you need to do a complete cleaning which means taking it off and cleaning the backside of it. make sure the battery is disconnected when you do that way the computer is completely reset when you put it back on.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is the battery? Sounds like you need a new battery. When the battery goes dead the computer resets. When it does it has trouble controlling the throttle body because it is dirty. So you need to do a complete cleaning which means taking it off and cleaning the backside of it. make sure the battery is disconnected when you do that way the computer is completely reset when you put it back on.
Thanks for the help I will do that this weekend hopefully it will I am also going to replace the battery. I remembered that it has not been changed since I have had the vehicle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts