Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I have been doing a lot of reading and searching here lately about adding HID's to my 03 Envoy XL.

I've got a pretty decent understanding of why I'd want to kill the DRL's etc so that the HIDs get full power and all of that stuff.

I've been considering what options I would like best in terms of quads etc and I think what I would prefer is a little different than what I've seen in any of the threads. Please let me know if this is possible.

1. Auto ON (Dark / Ambient Light Sensor) still works.
2. DRL's turn on PARKING LIGHTS and FOGS instead of lows.
3. Lows simply fire the HIDs at 100% when manually or auto ON.
4. Highs keep the Lows on for Quads, but drop off the fogs.

So to recap, I would like that whenever I start the car in the daytime, it turns on the fog lights and parking lights INSTEAD of the 70% low beams.

Then whenever the lights are switched on (whether by manual switch or auto on) it fires the 9006 Low Beams HID.

Turning on the High Beams keeps the HID Lows on giving me quads, but drops off the fogs like it does currently.

If anything is unclear, i'll try to explain better or answer any questions you have.

Can this be done?????

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
198 Posts
yes, it can be done
you rewire the fogs on the low beam circuits ( and front park circuit? )
then use a hid relay harness with a negative trigger from the circuit that turns on the headlight indicator in the headlamp switch

google this
"Article Submission: Drl Fogs, Auto Headlamps, Quad Beams"
for the write up

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it can be done
you rewire the fogs on the low beam circuits ( and front park circuit? )
then use a hid relay harness with a negative trigger from the circuit that turns on the headlight indicator in the headlamp switch

google this
"Article Submission: Drl Fogs, Auto Headlamps, Quad Beams"
for the write up
Looks like this method is all about snipping wires up front and re-routing them at the lights... ugh

Is there a way to achieve this result with the capacitor method at the BCM?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
198 Posts
disregarding the parking lamps, it can be done without cutting by using a 9006/880 extension cable and using a tap for the negative trigger
that way the factory harness would be left intact
there is probably more ways to do it - the one in the article just has been done before and will work
you can also get the service manuals with wiring diagrams at that site

1 - 4 of 4 Posts