Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

A day of new mods

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  the roadie 
#1 ·
I had some time so I decided to play in the shop. I know it looks crooked, but my bumper braket is broken so it just looks like it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper

Furniture Table Machine

See less See more
Discussion starter · #9 ·
it does look like the skid plate bends under the plastic, its an illusion. I meant the plastic bumper cover has two broken side brackets so it looks crooked under the license plate holder.

If the plastic bent the skid plate, boy I would be in trouble if I actually hit something!

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I was going to put supports in , but trying to roll into 1/4" is nearly impossible without major equiptment. I may end up welding some in, I want to test it a little before I over engineered it. I did put the jack on several points and raised it on a 3/4" steel peg to see if it would bend under that stress. The whole truck picked up with slight felx to it. I know this is not like taking a hit at any speed, but there is only one way to test that.

The span is not really long. 5.5" returns under my oil pan plate, angles up 17" before it breaks up. I had to bring the front height lower so I did not have to put a second break in,and it clears everyhting under by 3-5".

I will get more pics.

:( the wife said no to the custom bumper, so I have to build around that stock look, which I Like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.