Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seriously need some help. My 03 Trailblazer LS stalls out when I run my A/C, heater and defrost. Also #5 position stopped working on my controls for the fan. I have heard this could be anything from my throttlebody needing to be cleaned to the resistor is bad.

I don't know where to begin. Im not mechanichally-inclined at all and Im affraid Im going to make the problem worse by taking apart random pieces, so if anyone knows the MAIN reason that Im having this problem, then Im all ears.

PLEASE HELP, I JUST HAD A BABY AND DONT WANT TO DRIVE HER AROUND IN A HOT CAR!!:crazy::confused::undecided

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
268 Posts
more likely than not 2 things need repair, the throttle body needs to be cleaned, anrd the blower motor resistor needs to be changed, for how to's on both of these relatively easy tasks , just do a search here for the repsective problems and you will be flooded with good information on how fix both problems

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
19 Posts
more likely than not 2 things need repair, the throttle body needs to be cleaned, anrd the blower motor resistor needs to be changed, for how to's on both of these relatively easy tasks , just do a search here for the repsective problems and you will be flooded with good information on how fix both problems
:iagree:
Both very common problems. Usually when the blower is inop on the high speed, the connector will be melted, causing the issue. You may need to replace it as well as the resistor

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
42 Posts
Ok just had this problem with mines. I changed the fuel filter and ran some fuel system cleaner in 3 straight tank fulls and problem solved. Code I got was Accelerator Position Sensor Bad. But the cleaning solved the problem. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
I have the same problem with my idle and blower motor. ive cleaned the TB and did a full tune up but i still have the problem. my Trailblazer has 190,000 miles any suggestions?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
12 Posts
Hello, Guys I had this exact problem with my envoy, when I turned the a/c on the truck would idle real rough and sometimes stalled. All of this started when I changed a bad battery, then after just installing the new battery in the autoparts store parking lot while exiting the lot the truck suddenly stalled, managed to get home all worried I started searching the web and found this website, and thanks to this thread and you guys after just cleaning the TB everything worked just fine. Thanks People.. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts