Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is all over, and i've read alot on here - my situation, 04 LS - speed selector 1 and 2 stopped working a long time ago. and yesterday (june 25, 2008) #3 won't work. So i'm stuck with 4 &5. sucks. I read a couple threads about "blower motor resistor assembly" where is it and how to i fix it myself? Any GOOD how to with pics posted? This seems like a common TB problem. Lemme know & thanks!!!

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope - I think it works just fine, but with help - it makes it easier than just 1 person looking for it himself. I searched, but I find 100's with people talking about them rather than how to replace them. Don't want to sound wrong here but just my :m2:

Thanks for the help. Thought that's what this site is for.

Hopefully this solves my problem. We'll see. The dealer here wants $60 for it. hmm....kinda shady

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
You're right. For every useful technical thread with pictures, there are 42 threads complaining about how hard the job was to do without pictures. :hissy: Yet NONE of those 42 other threads come with pictures taken to help others down the road. :rotfl:

What we really should have BESIDES articles, is a way to denote the "BEST OF" threads for fixing any particular item. And if the thread title had "READ THIS- REALLY!" in front of it, it would stick out better in a search.

Hmmmm. More work for the mods. :duh: ;)

· Registered
2 Posts
Rear blower going off/on.

I have a 03 TB EXT and the rear blower would intermediary go off then after a while come back on. I replaced the Aux control module and this didn't fix it. I tested the blower motor with a 12 volt lead and it worked fine. Several months ago I lost my high speed on the front blower but since the rear did most of the work I didn't quickly replace it.
I followed Roadie's instructions above and replaced the resistor for the front blower and not only did I get my 5 speed back my rear started working correctly. Guess the drivers switch links both of these together. Thanks for the pictured instructions Roadie. :thx

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
...I replaced the Aux control module and this didn't fix it. ...
Glad you're fixed now, and thanks for the kind words. Bet you wish you'd discovered trailvoy sooner, or at least the day before you replaced the aux module. :hissy: I assume you're selling the other one in the classifieds or Ebay? You could help somebody else out with a bargain, unless you're keeping it for a spare. ;)

· Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
101 Posts
wireing harness

When I replaced mine last year it worked great. Now 4 is gone :(
While replacing mine I noticed that the connector/harness was burned. The actual unit that I replaced had a couple melted pins, completely melted. It was a little scary to see it melted like that, wondering if it could catch fire at any time.
Anyway, is there a link or part # for the wireing? I think mine is burnt bad enough that it really needs to be replaced and 4 will start working again.

· Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
129 Posts
When I replaced mine last year it worked great. Now 4 is gone :(
While replacing mine I noticed that the connector/harness was burned. The actual unit that I replaced had a couple melted pins, completely melted. It was a little scary to see it melted like that, wondering if it could catch fire at any time.
Anyway, is there a link or part # for the wireing? I think mine is burnt bad enough that it really needs to be replaced and 4 will start working again.
Part number for the replacement harness is 15862656. If you go to the dealer be prepared for sticker shock. I picked up the resistor from Autozone for $30, the harness from the dealer was $120. It can be found for about half that online.

If you are unlucky like I was, you will also need a new resistor as the connector and resistor melted together.

ct_mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.