Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt_xl
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and gents, it has been a while I have been on the site. I guess I have been lucky with my Envoy until now. My A/C is not working at all. The light comes on, but nothing else. I dont know where to start. Check all fuses and all good. Now, I need to find a good A/C shop in Halifax region. Anyone knows one?

Thx.

Stephane

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Ok Step, let's see if we can get this fixed.

You have the SLT, so, I assume you have the auto HVAC system (set the temp and leave alone).

Unfortunately, you have a lot of sensors with that system and one of them could be causing the problem.

You said you check the fuses; ok, I'll just toss out a couple to start, maybe you missed these.

Fuse 22 and fuse 30, under the hood fuse box.

If they are ok, have someone turn the ac on/off while you hold the ac relay (#44, under the hood fuse panel).
You should be able to feel the relay operate with your fingers.

Try that and come back

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
same problem with 2007 Trailblazer LT

First post on this board. I'm sure it won't be my last.
My a/c won't turn ON or at least no cold air just hot air out the vents. I checked fuses also but will double check tomorrow. I will then check to see if the relay is turning on.
thanks in advance for the help and I'll make sure I post the fix.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
ok RayVoy

my fuses are good and when I put my finger on relay 44 I can feel it switch. The a/c worked. My problem seems to be intermittent.
where do I go from here?
thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
107 Posts
Low Pressure switch

My 03 had intermittent A/C problems when it was new, turn out it was a defective low pressure switch. It was fixed and seven years and 178k it still works good.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
189 Posts
Ladies and gents, it has been a while I have been on the site. I guess I have been lucky with my Envoy until now. My A/C is not working at all. The light comes on, but nothing else. I dont know where to start. Check all fuses and all good. Now, I need to find a good A/C shop in Halifax region. Anyone knows one?

Thx.

Stephane
Its possible that you have a leak. Without freon the ac compressor won't work. You can try re filling the bottle with one of those do it yourself kits. If it works you know you will have to look for leaks and if not you only lost 10 bucks...

·
Registered
gmc
2 Posts
My 03 had intermittent A/C problems when it was new, turn out it was a defective low pressure switch. It was fixed and seven years and 178k it still works good.
That's exactly what it is, I had the same problem in Florida and bought the new piece and installed it (took about 5 minutes) cost me $40.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
a/c wont turn on at all.

Hey guys. I have this problem. My air conditioner doesnt work at all. Just replaced the blower motor and nothing. Anyone suggest any solutions? My wife is prego and about to have my daughter and we need ac considering we live in floridas humid weather. What else do i do. The switch seems to work i think because every time i turn it to different levels the motor bogs down a little like the fan is trying to turn on but nothing happens. Im in limbo. What do i do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts