Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while doing some maintenance on my TB I accidentally broke the plug side of my AC sensor off. I ordered a new one from Autozone but it wont be here until tomorrow, can I still drive the vehicle? It has like a valve type connection on one end that looks like a tire pressure valve so it is closed? Of course I wouldn't use my A/C but can I still drive it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think you can drive it but don't use the AC. You may have to have an AC service replace it if removing it opens the system.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
You can drive it and do not turn on the ac.. Can you post a picture of what you broke? Did you hear a lot of pssssss when you broke off the fitting?

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
If what you broke, was the switch (low pressure) on the side of the accumulator, it is ok to drive. Don't worry about turning on the ac; with this switch broken, it won't turn on.

Sorry, I just read all of your post. I think the only thing you broke was the dust cap. If so, your good to go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I haven't checked this site in a while...

It was the A/C Pressure sensor that I broke... it was the eletrical connection side of it... when removing it I heard a short Psst but that was it. I did end up driving it for 3 days until the new one came in ($70) I didn't use the A/C I just used the fan and opened my windows. :)

It was a very simple installation... screwed it on, snugged it with a wrench, and plugged in the electrical connection. My A/C is still cold, so I don't think it needs a recharge anytime soon.

Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
Very interesting, can you post pics??? Would like to know which switch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Here is the standard picture from Autozone.

The sensor is located just underneath the alternator on an 04 TB. I accessed it through the wheel well though.

I took some pics before I knew what it was, but I ended up deleting them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts