Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Hello,
This is my first post please excuse any mistakes. 03 ext 4.2.
A/C was working great on a hot day but then nothing the next day. The compressor was not turning so I jumped the low pressure switch. The compressor turned on but no cold air, and the lines did not cool. I checked all the fuses and relays. I tried a recharge kit but the system took very little and a hissing developed by the compressor. Still no cold air. I disconnected the battery for an hour with no luck. I just replaced the low pressure switch with no luck. The heater works fine and the temperature indicator is accurate. If anyone has any suggestions please respond its starting to get warm in Ohio.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
524 Posts
Do you have an outdoor temp display? If so, is it showing the correct ambient outdoor temp? This happened to me last summer. The ambient temp sensor is in the grill just in front of the radiator support. If it fails, the a/c system will not work properly without a correct outside temp. Iwas getting an outdoor temp shown inside but it was showing 54 deg. on a 90+ day. Check it out.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
22 Posts
I had a similar problem last summer with my ac compressor not working on my 05 Envoy. Tech said the problem was a connector near the compressor not making contact. So far no problem since. good luck V

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
You need an AC professional to check pressures. Connecting a can is not a good way to diagnose it. Especially if you hear a hissing. They will have to find the leak and fix it, then evacuate the system with a vacuum pump. Then recharge the correct amount of refrigerant and oil.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
13 Posts
I had the same issues and just found out from the shop it was the line heading to the rear AC had sprung a leak. Sound s to me like you have a leak somewhere. I triend self diag, but decided the problem was bigger than my skills so I left it up to the pro's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.