Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, having a weird a/c issue. I searched and didnt see any posts that were exactly like mine. So here's the deal. With the a/c on it works fine on the passenger side and in the rear, the drivers side blows (extremley) hot air no matter what setting the heat/ cool selector is in. Any help or sggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The driver's side of the HVAC unit behind the dash has three actuators. Recirculate, mode, and driver's side temp. Yours needs to be recalibrated, and I've posted the instructions how to do that with a fuse pull. Or else it's failed and you have to swap it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roadie I should have known you would be the one to respond with a fix already posted. I'll search for it...thanks you are the man:thx

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I tried the fuse pull...no luck there. Which actuator do I need to replace, and do you know the part #?

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
So I tried the fuse pull...no luck there. Which actuator do I need to replace, and do you know the part #?
Lots of threads on changing the actuators; one, or more, has pics and location detail. Try a search on actuators, it may take a little while to find the pic thread.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
COuld someone please post a link? I tried several searches and cannot find what Roadie is referring to?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
I am having a similar problem no dash vents at all. It appears to the the "MODE ACTUATOR". Search this and you will find what you want. There is a tool GE-47676 to pull the center actuator off. I have found the tool for $150 but this seems a little (lol) for the tool (www.gmspecialservicetools.spx.com) and search for mode actuator or by part #. Good luck, my dealer quoted 8hr+ at straight time to remove the dash. With the tool the book says 0.6 hrs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts