Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A/C went. It didn't pass a pressure test, and dye test showed punctures in high pressure line near rear passenger tire. The line has been repaired, but the mechanic has seen similar vehicles with the same problem, and he wants to put some rubber hose on this portion of the line to protect it. Does anyone forsee a problem with giving him the go ahead - condensation shouldn't be a problem if he is only insulating part of the line, right?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,322 Posts
It sounds like the line is going to be replaced, but the mechanic wants to protect the metal tubing from flying rocks or pebbles being kicked up by the tires. There also should not be any condensation since the tubing is going to be covered by the rubber hose. Sounds like a good idea. :m2:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
179 Posts
Good call, as long as he is going to replace the whole line, and then cover it up with that insulator, I would tell him to start, BUT make sure you clarify that he is going to replace the whole line, you know sometimes those dealerships don't listen!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, the GM dealer did the line repair (who I don't deal with anymore) because my mechanic took it there as they are the only ones who have the kit to repair it. I know that some posts say the kits are lousy, but GM is the one making this kit, and they won't sell it to my mechanic. So GM did the line repair.

My mechanic did the A/C recharge and checked out the system. They didn't have any of the insulation left, so they didn't put it on the high pressure line yet. But they asked if I would bring it back in to do that, as they made the suggestion it would help it from being pelted by stones by that tire. They showed me a trailblazer in their shop they were working on with exactly the same problem in the same place.

I take it you aren't fans of the repair kits that replace only part of the line?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
184 Posts
It definately couldn't hurt. If it has been identified as a problem, go with it. I'd like to meet this mechanic, it's someone you can trust. Others would let it fail to keep the buisness coming. I'm going to check mine tomorrow.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.