Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, trying to help out my son. He bought a 2007 SS a few months ago. A/C stopped blowing cold about 2 weeks later. Looking at it, I noticed that the connection for the hose from the accumulator to the compressor was broken at the connection to the compressor. We replaced it and recharged. 2 days later, no cold air and found the hose broken at the same place. Parts guy suggested we return the hose as defective and provided us another (OEM parts) at no cost. Well, same result, connection broken about 2 days later. Any ideas what could be causing this? My brainstorming says that the hose is obviously vibrating too much and fatiguing this part but why? I'll add that my son did replace the factory air intake with an aftermarket cold air intake. Could it be that maybe the factory housing had a support "strap" or something that would stabilize that hose?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Broken motor mount?
This is definitely a possibility....But I also fear the lead foot condition magnifies it.

Let's just say that the motor mount proves to be ok. My thought was that if this line (appears to be aluminum) were made out of a high pressure flexible hose, this connection wouldn't see so much stress anyway. Make sense? Would there be aftermarket hose assemblies to replace the metal line with, or would I need to have something fabricated? Anyone happen to know what kind of pressure I would be looking at inside that line?

Thanks for the replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts