Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 Trailblazer LT EXT. When I turn the A/C on I have HOT :eek:air on the drivers side Dash vents and on floor. The Defroster is also always Hot:hopeless. The Passanger side is cool along with all 4 of the back vent. How do I get rid of the heat wave:sadcry:? Any help would be greatly Appreiated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put in a new actuator i don't remember what one it was. Then my battery died. That's when it started all the blowing heat on the drivers side.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
5 Posts
mine recently started doing this also. I'm going to reset the HVAC system tomorrow and recharge the system to see if it helps. I got under the dash and visually watched the actuators move so i'm not 100% sure that its the actuators just yet.

such a pita

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
such a pita
Hehe. Yeah - so much more annoying than sticking throttles or exploding gas tanks. ;)

Is your system blowing hot on both sides when commanded to go cold? That would make sense that it's an AC issue, not an actuator. Is the receiver/drier cold to the touch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hehe. Yeah - so much more annoying than sticking throttles or exploding gas tanks. ;)

Is your system blowing hot on both sides when commanded to go cold? That would make sense that it's an AC issue, not an actuator. Is the receiver/drier cold to the touch?
Oh i know all about PITA ;) My 05 GTO spun a bearing recently so i'm rebuilding the motor on it right now. 402 Stoker build underway :woohoo:

Only the drivers side is blowing warm (unconditioned air) and the passengers side is blowing cool, not cold air.

I'm leaning on the drivers side temp actuator or the system is low on a its charge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I have "cool" air on the passanger side. and Hot on the drivers side! It doesn't matter if I put it on 60 or 90 it still blows 90.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does any one know where I can get a Driver Side Temp actuator for cheaper that $190 @ the dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I have "cool" air on the passanger side. and Hot on the drivers side! It doesn't matter if I put it on 60 or 90 it still blows 90.
Have you tried adding more freon? I had the exact same problem and added a can of Freon and its blowing ice cold again. I thought it was the temp actuator but the A/C charge fixed it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does any one know where I can get a Driver Side Temp actuator for cheaper that $190 @ the dealer?
oh and if you do charge the ac system and that doesnt do the trick than definitely avoid buying one from the dealer. They can be had for cheaper than that.

just google search the part number from the diagram above and you'll find them for around 35 bucks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Digital climate control

I just found my digital climate control is bad. I have a 04 trailblazer. Can anyone tell me where i can buy one.
Thanks

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
7 Posts
BORKED
I just found my digital climate control is bad. I have a 04 trailblazer. Can anyone tell me where i can buy one.
Thanks
How did you determine it was the digital climate control versus something like the actuator? I have a 04 Envoy with dual controls and rear air. I had the system charged and dyed last year. A month later it was warm and the place recharged it but were unable to find a leak. I just charged it yesterday and will see how long it lasts. Im also having the same issue with the drivers side staying warm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The drivers side heat was actually from having the ac over charged. the climte control was not changing so i took it to a local garage he tested it and found out that the climate control wasn't telling that actuator to move. he got the vents to work then unpluged that actuator not my vents work all the time.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
The drivers side heat was actually from having the ac over charged. the climte control was not changing so i took it to a local garage he tested it and found out that the climate control wasn't telling that actuator to move. he got the vents to work then unpluged that actuator not my vents work all the time.
Will your defroster still work?

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
Unioncarpgirl...There are some very good threads on here explaining how the heat/air conditioning is controlled by three types of actuators that perform the tasks of directing the flow of air through the various vents in your system...these are the temperature actuator, the defrost actuator and the mode actuator. You said that your defroster is still functioning so the defrost actuator should be fine, but, what you describe sounds like a mode actuator problem. When the mode actuator fails, it wil tend to direct the airflow to the floor vents and you will tend to have floor and defrost, but no airflow from your console vents. I think that if you want to get your full use of your vents back, you'll need to replace your mode actuator. If you search this forum for "mode actuator" you'll find some really good info on how to replace the actuator.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts