Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
767 Posts
OK I have a part number from Carquest for the by pass belt K060705. I am running one right now as I have to wait until Monday to try a couple of local bearing places. I will post the part number if they give me one.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
13 Posts
A/C Clutch Kit

Does anyone know if there is such of thing as a Clutch kit, with everything included. or somewhere you can get a complete rebuilt pulley, bearing and coil, and send your core in. notice mine is getting noisy but not to bad yet but will soon need. also is there a reason why you can't run the bypass belt in the winter when the A/C is not needed, or is it ? :undecided

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
63 Posts
Not recommending use of small 2 ton puller

As in pic 4. You run the risk of damaging the outer flange of the pulley. This is especially true for folks living in the rust belt who have difficult to remove pulleys. It is better to use a more heavy duty 5 ton puller on the back flat flange of pulley. The bearing is located in the back of pulley and it makes sense that this is the area you should concentrate your force on. Puller jaws stay put there as well. See my thread http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=86824&highlight=a/c+pulley

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
25 Posts
How did you route the belt? I tried going around the alternator to the fan then the crank but the belt is to long. What am I missing?

QUOTE=djthumper;1047467]OK I have a part number from Carquest for the by pass belt K060705. I am running one right now as I have to wait until Monday to try a couple of local bearing places. I will post the part number if they give me one.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
25 Posts
NAPA. I returned the belt and ordered the right bearing from bearings direct. I don't remember the part number. Sorry.
[
QUOTE=djthumper;1085151]Where did you get the belt from and what was the part number and manufacturer?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
13 Posts
stuck bearing

I got the bearing/pulley off the compressor just fine, ground off the dimples and soaked the bearing in PB-blaster overnight, but after an hour of tapping, then pounding, then wailing on the bearing with a 3 pound hammer, the bearing is still lodged firmly in place. It hasn't budged AT ALL, and the inner race finally shattered, so there's nothing left to hit:mad:. I'm thinking of just cutting it out with a hacksaw. As long as I don't nick the inner part of the pulley where the bearing sits, is there any reason why this would be a bad idea?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Another Bearing

Just got the pulley off and knocked out the bearing, noticed there is another bearing on the A/C shaft. Could this also be a problem or a noise issue ?
Should I replace this one also, it looks like there is a snap ring on the housing.

What do you think.:undecided

And Thanks for the Inital Thread, It Saved Me at least half the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure, I can hear the noise is coming from the A/C but not sure what is making the noise. From reading the posts I just assumed that it was the pulley bearing, but now that I have pulled it it don't seem to bad. Thats why I questioned if the other bearing could be an issue but again that bearing don't seem to be bad either. I'll start with the pulley bearing and see if that stops the Grrrrrrr and go from there.

Have you ever seen a post about that bearing ?

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
767 Posts
Not sure I can hear the noise is coming from the A/C but not sure what is making the noise. From reading the posts I just assumed that it was the pulley bearing, but now that I have pulled it it don't seem to bad. Thats why I questioned if the other bearing could be an issue but again that bearing don't seem to be bad either. I'll start with the pulley bearing and see if that stops the Grrrrrrr and go from there.

Have you ever seen a post about that bearing ?
My bearing didn't seem bad either, after I replaced it it was fine. I had to wait for my bearing to come in so I ran a bypass belt for a couple of weeks.

Are you talking about the bearing that is in the compressor? Maybe try to post a pic of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My bearing didn't seem bad either, after I replaced it it was fine. I had to wait for my bearing to come in so I ran a bypass belt for a couple of weeks.

Are you talking about the bearing that is in the compressor? Maybe try to post a pic of it.
If yours was the same thats good enough for me, I'll replace the pulley bearing. and Yes the one in the compressor.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
59 Posts
I did this today. Picked up a bearing from a local place that happend to have the exact size in stock for $27.xx. The reciept said 35x50x20 ac clutch bearing. Went and bought a pair of snap ring pliers and rented the jaw puller, and fan tool from autozone.

The fan took the longest to get off, over an hour. I could not figure out how to get leverage with the tool. Finally I took a piece of the handle from the jack and put it on the end. That along with a large adjustable gave me all the leverage i needed to break it lose.

Besides that the only other thing I will add is that to get the bearing out, I put a large socket in it and pounded on that. It took a few good solid over the shoulder blows from a sledge to finally break it lose. I can see why people have trouble with that part, but hey if all else fails get a bigger hammer right? worked for me! The bearing went back in very easily after i cleaned it up with some 220 grit paper and put a thin layer of grease on it like the op said. I found a tap worked best for staking it in place back in the pulley.

truck is quite as can be now. the key to knowing this is your problem is that the sound goes away when the ac is turned on and the noise is there when the ac is off.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
249 Posts
I did this today. Picked up a bearing from a local place that happend to have the exact size in stock for $27.xx. The reciept said 35x50x20 ac clutch bearing. Went and bought a pair of snap ring pliers and rented the jaw puller, and fan tool from autozone.

The fan took the longest to get off, over an hour. I could not figure out how to get leverage with the tool. Finally I took a piece of the handle from the jack and put it on the end. That along with a large adjustable gave me all the leverage i needed to break it lose.

Besides that the only other thing I will add is that to get the bearing out, I put a large socket in it and pounded on that. It took a few good solid over the shoulder blows from a sledge to finally break it lose. I can see why people have trouble with that part, but hey if all else fails get a bigger hammer right? worked for me! The bearing went back in very easily after i cleaned it up with some 220 grit paper and put a thin layer of grease on it like the op said. I found a tap worked best for staking it in place back in the pulley.

truck is quite as can be now. the key to knowing this is your problem is that the sound goes away when the ac is turned on and the noise is there when the ac is off.
I'll be doing ours in the next day or two hopefully, gotta check on the bearing. I worry that ours may need further work on the clutch? It had been making that tinny rattle when A/c is on iirc...:hopeless I remember years ago that's what they use to say (tinny rattle on-clutch):confused:

61 - 80 of 109 Posts