Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting fed up of all the what if's and maybe's and should i's, i decided to fool around the the font suspension system on my tb, and then it me, it was all clear, i was able to find a way to part with the font cv joints and make a 9" lift, as i was going through all of the designs and everything else, that's when it hit me,

The arm of my wife waking me up in the middle of night

Sorry guys, it was just a dream, but i had to post about it....

:raspberry:rotfl::bonk:

but in case you were wondering, WHY IN HELL ARE CARS ABLE TO HANDLE 5"

http://oakland.olx.com/5-donk-lift-kit-new-price-90-monte-cutlass-regal-impala-caprice-iid-11602029

LOL

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,118 Posts
You know whats funny, i had that same dream..

but it wasnt my wife that woke me up,, it was the
wet spot...:crackup:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
WHY IN HELL ARE CARS ABLE TO HANDLE 5"
Good joke, but you wasted a perfectly good April Fool's spoof by posting too early. :weird:

Anyway, 2WD can be lifted with dum-dum spacers like those donks. They are extremely fragile, though. But you knew that.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At this point i would'nt mind driving around with teh kuwati death trap, but then again, I'd risk injuring my wife, or worst my ride....

I'm bottoming out way too much now, with the weather being warmer now, what used to be iced packed hard roads are now becoming muddy traps, and even if sometimes i do like the look f all that mud under the truck, washing it is becoming a pain....

maybe i should think of getting myself a tahoe or dakota frame and just slide the tb onto it....hmmmm, there i go dreaming again....

slap slap

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
Just remove the entire front axle assembly, block off the oil pan, where it goes through, stick in some decent off-road coil over shocks and a Dana 44, a set of Rubicon Express long arms, and lift away.

That's what it will eventually come to as the TB vehicles start to get old and cheap enough to be easily available for the off-road crowd.

This is your starting point...

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep/XJ/Product.aspx?part=RE6300

Substitute a pair of these for the coil springs (reinforce the mounting point with an engine bay cross member):

http://www.offroad-engineering.com/fox-shocks-2-5-fox-coil-over-remote-reservoir-shocks.html

Raise the rear to match. Run 35" tires. Go off-roading for real.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
...block off the oil pan, where it goes through...
Oddly enough, this is the one item we have the luxury of skipping. The 2WD and 4WD share the same oil pan, and the intermediate shaft goes through a tube cast into the pan. It won't leak if you remove the diff.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Be my guest. You first. :D

I'm worried the first backyard welder kid to do this won't even be a trailvoy member. Probably a ******* with dialup.
You supply the Trailvoy -- I'll be happy to supply the torch. :dielaugh:

Actually, I'm talking to a guy here in town that is considering a truggy project built on a TB platform. I also have a wrecked TB within reach.

But you're probably right about the ******* non TrailVoy member... The FIRST thing one needs to pull off this sort of modification is a definite lack of starry-eyed love affair with the TB. It, after all, is just another hunk of tin and motor begging to be torched, but most guys here on the forum don't see it that way at all. :hopeless

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You supply the Trailvoy -- I'll be happy to supply the torch. :dielaugh:

Actually, I'm talking to a guy here in town that is considering a truggy project built on a TB platform. I also have a wrecked TB within reach.

But you're probably right about the ******* non TrailVoy member... The FIRST thing one needs to pull off this sort of modification is a definite lack of starry-eyed love affair with the TB. It, after all, is just another hunk of tin and motor begging to be torched, but most guys here on the forum don't see it that way at all. :hopeless
NO ONE TORCHES MY 2ND WIFE NOOO ONEEEEE !!!!!!

Want to screw around with the first one fine, but NO ONE touhes my 2nd love affair...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
NO ONE TORCHES MY 2ND WIFE NOOO ONEEEEE !!!!!!

Want to screw around with the first one fine, but NO ONE touhes my 2nd love affair...
See... Told ya. :undecided

Like it or not, one of these days, the TrailVoy vehicles will be old junk just like the rest of the old junk -- with the possible exception of a handful of SS models that will be preserved by collectors like all the other decent muscle cars ever built.

Then, we'll be on a different forum talking excitedly about our new rides, whatever they may be... Just like before 2002, when the TrailVoy machines didn't exist. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts