Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys. Here we go. I've laid out all the schematics to theoretically make this happen....including keeping our cruise function. :woot: Prototype components are currently in the works for testing next month.

While this was originally set up for TBSS, we recognized that application to the other GMT360s is possible. However, before forging ahead on that project I need to know just how many are SERIOUSLY interested in such a kit.:undecided

Details of the kit and conversion based on what's known:
-07+ V8 Trucks only. Sorry I6 and pre '07 Guys
-Will include all components necessary, minus transmission. Included will be harness, calibration module, hardware to properly locate transmission on trans mount, etc.
-RWD & AWD trucks
-Conversion package should will be something to be done in a day by any competent tranny shop

Who would be interested and ready to purchase by end of summer?

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, no typo. The 24x system will require, at the minimum a new ECM and change the motor to a 58x ring. We MIGHT be able to address the harness issue, but due to the previously noted issues, we haven't looked further into it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
37 Posts
Is there room for this transmission without making the hump in the center larger? I would be interested if you can work out the elctronics for "06 ext. Then one could also use 3.08 differentials.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
68 Posts
I would love this in my i6.... :((. I was seriously just going to post about the idea of putting in a 5 speed or 6 speed automatic tranny. I have about 150k on mine and im just thinking for replacement it might be interesting. Anyone have thoughts on a 5 or 6 speed for a i6?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Doing a LS2 swap right now. I would be interested when my stock transmission gives out. Until then (or a year from now), I don't think I could do more major/expensive performance mods without my wife divorcing me. If it's just to replace broken stock parts, I'm safe. :)

Tim
What you do is take a bowl of tranny fluid with a bunch of metal chips in it to your wife and say "Honey, we have a problem!!!!"

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update

Sorry it's been a while....Got the tranny's and harness ready, just been clearing up some loose ends like selling my GTO and making room in driveway to set up a portable garage and knock this out. Hopefully in next week this GTO will be gone, already paid and sold, just need to get delivery service to coordinate pick up.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
'08-09 I6 too

Just recently discovered that the '08-09 I6 motors run the same computer as our '07-up V8's so if there is enough interest they could very well be the next phase of the conversion offering.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Just recently discovered that the '08-09 I6 motors run the same computer as our '07-up V8's so if there is enough interest they could very well be the next phase of the conversion offering.
That would be a great mod for us I6s!:hail:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.