Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I need help from all of you 6 cyl owners out there (which should be MOST of you!!!). My wife and I are trying HARD to convince her Mom that she needs to get an Envoy (which a local dealer has put her in for the weekend with 38K miles) over a Mercury friggin Mariner... What I want to know is:

Mileage you are getting / Avg and highway
Why you love your TB or Envoy...

My wife drives a 03 TB extended with a 5.3 and SS hoops and she loves it!!! 145K and going strong! Help me out here folks as she will likely decide by Monday for an Envoy or a friggin Ferd!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
My '02 TB has 170K+ miles on it. 18mpg average, and about 23 on the highway at 65-75 mph.

It's had it share of little "issues" (sway bar links, fan clutch, etc), but it's the quietest, most comfortable, easiest to drive, and best in the snow of any vehicle like it that I've driven.

Don't buy an upgraded Ford Exploder. :nono:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, they just got back from a drive... Ours has had normal issues too, but my wife LOVES it... Need I say more??? She has had a Durango, Tahoe and ML320 and THIS she loves!!! Warms a Chevy guys heart!!!

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
708 Posts
I have an 02 with 180+ miles on her and it's still going strong. I get about 14-16mpg in the city and 18-20 on the highway going about 70 mph. Hope she chooses the GM over the ford, she won't like the repair bill the ford will give her. I know i speak from experience my mom has owned fords and Gm's i can't get her to stop driving my TB she love's it so much! Most of all she likes the not being stranded at least once a month part. Hope this helps her get the GM! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,762 Posts
I have an 02 with 180+ miles on her and it's still going strong. I get about 14-16mpg in the city and 18-20 on the highway going about 70 mph. Hope she chooses the GM over the ford, she won't like the repair bill the ford will give her. I know i speak from experience my mom has owned fords and Gm's i can't get her to stop driving my TB she love's it so much! Most of all she likes the not being stranded at least once a month part. Hope this helps her get the GM! :thumbsup:
wow 180 miles in 7 yrs is 25 miles a yr!Still has original gas?hope you have staybuilt.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
we just picked ours up tuesday but have placed over 500 miles on it so far. mixed at 35 local/65 hwy roughly. avg 17 local and 19.7-21 hwy. ( a lot of down hill hwy on outgoing trip). I have a relative with an 06? mariner and they say it is nice as far as bells and whistles go, but the ride itself felt stiff and the sway/looseness in the steering was not fun at 70- 80 mph. oh and the suspension and alignment issues were ridiculous for the first few dealer attempts at fixing them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have an 02 TBlaze at 149,800 miles. Runs awesome still. my OLM reads exactly 20.0MPG average. I have the GU6 3.42 rear end and I get about 24-25mpg highway 65mph cruise control

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
708 Posts
wow 180 miles in 7 yrs is 25 miles a yr!Still has original gas?hope you have staybuilt.
LMAO! Sorry lol i left out the k it has like 180,000+ miles on it. So it hasn't had it easy. :hopeless :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
118 Posts
04 TB, 62000 miles on it. Usually gets about 22 on the highway and about 17 in town. No major repairs as of yet. Does need front sway bar links though.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
03 Envoy 155000 Kms on it, I have had the usual problems as well...

Sway bar links, fan clutch, ignition switch, water pump

City I average 13.5 MPG (US Gallon) and have never been over 15

Highway I get anywhere from 19 to 22 MPG(US)

Mine has 3.73 gear ratio and 4WD

If mileage is important... Is city more important than highway? and what gear ratio does this Envoy have that you are interested in? That will be a big factor.

I still love the Envoy despite its well-known predictable deficiencies. I would recommend one with the larger fuel tank... I think they are 05 and up ???

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
480 Posts
I bought my first TB in 05. Fell in love at once. Liked the truck so much that I sold it to my daughter at a good price when my son in law started threatning to have my grandson ride in a Toyda. When it came time to buy there was no question about what to get. The 07 that I bought is also a 6cyl. We get 22 on the open road and 15 in the city. We tow a lot and I am very pleased with the way that both trucks towed our boats. Doesnt the Ford have a IRS? Is this the same truck that U Haul wont rent a trailer to tow with? Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the help!!!

Thanks to all of you for your input! She made the wise decision and bought the 05 Envoy with 38,000 miles. She will not be disappointed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts