Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 is coming up on the 50,000mi marker. I was compiling a list of services required and was wondering if I missed anything. What I'm doing is: oil/filter change, trans. flush/filter change, spark plugs?, coolant flush?, set of pads all around, and shocks because of failed bounce test and rougher ride. Now do I have to change and of the diff. fluids or tranfer case? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
I wouldn't bother changing the plugs unless it's running rough.....their good 'til 100k. I also wouldn't touch the coolant. If it's the factory coolant, it's DexCool, and it's long life coolant.....probably doesn't need changing until 100K also.

Yes, if the bounce test fails, I'd go with a set of Bilstein HD's from Shock Warehouse (don't forget to mention the discount code for 10% off and free shipping).

Double check to see that you really need brake pads, as my factory pads lasted to almost 65K on the front, and the rears went until 120K.

My :m2:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
:iagree:
Forget the plugs unless its running poorly and factory coolant is good for 5yr/150k..

Oil change, trans flush (plus a pan drop to replace the filter!!), diff(s), transfer case if 4WD, throttle body clean (if you havent already done it). I got like 90k out of my stock pads so unless there's a reason to change them (and have to either turn or replace ALL the rotors too) I wouldnt. Shocks, if you're all stock I would recommend either the Bilstein TBSS shocks or Bilstein HD shocks. After having the HDs on my previously-lowered-and-now-stock height 02 and the TBSS shocks on my SS, the SS shocks are much better.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
like they said- leave the plugs till 100K. unless somethign is wrong.
dexcool- also good till 150,000. unless its sludging up or youre leaking coolant somehow. If you really want to do the coolant- do it when you thermostat fails.
Brake pads- just check em.

I changed plugs soon after 100,000.
I changed my dexcool at 134,000 when I also changed my radiator hoses.
Brake pads- my rears are still factory at 143,652- fronts changed out at 77K.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok all this sounds good. I'll replace the shocks with the HD's and I'll change the diff/transfer case fluids as well as rotate tires and alignment. Thanks everyone.

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
771 Posts
No needs for plugs unless you have issues, you should also check/change sway bar bushings and end links

1 - 7 of 7 Posts