Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i got in my blazer and i noticed the light for the traction control was on and i couldnt turn it off. Also there was another light on similar to the first one but it had a wrench next to it. I didnt have anywhere at the time to see if the traction control was working or not so i dont know if it was. Later after i got out then back in and started it again the lights were off. Does this mean the diffs and transfercase needs servicing? I have almost 46000 miles and i know its not due till 50k.

Any help would be great.

Oh and I dont know if it matters but I also need to bring it to the dealer to have them replace the idler pulley, it whines pretty loud and its been getting louder.

Thank you.:undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Your TracControl module may have had a startup error or you may have a sensor going bad. My cruise control sometimes doesn't respond until the truck is turned off and back on. If you see it again, you may want to go get your codes checked. It should store an error that may direct you towards the problem.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks James.:thumbsup:. i was just lookin around the site and i found some others that had the same problem and they also said it was a sensor. well i guess its time to have the tb worked on. first time since i got her. 26000 miles ago. man i love my truck.:D

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
speaking of serviceing anyone have a service chart?? or when do you get your fluids changed in the 4x4?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's in the owner's manual. Copies available under the "resources" link above if you've lost yours or never had one.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Oh and I dont know if it matters but I also need to bring it to the dealer to have them replace the idler pulley, it whines pretty loud and its been getting louder.
Hey if i were you the part is only 70$ (atleast for me) and all that is holding it up to the block is a single bolt and that's it. it literally took me 20 minutes to do it

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I think the owner's manual says to service the transfer case every 50k miles, but it doesn't say anything about checking/servicing the axles. Tranny is 50k for "severe" driving and 100k otherwise.

Personally, I change the axle fluid every 30-40k, transfer case at around 45k and tranny around 50k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts