Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer EXT LS 4.2L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am new to the forum, i notice my 4x4 stopped working couple months ago, i replaced the transfer case motor, and the 4 wheel drive actuator, and still the same, then i decided to take the front axle differential disconnect apart and found out that the actuator fork was damage, so i got a good fork from the junk yard, and installed, put everything back together new grease, my HI or LOW will not engage, but if i put it on AUTO it will engage, if anyone knows what's going on with my 2006 Trailblazer EXT LS 4.2, 194,000 miles, please comment, fresh fluids all around, Thanks

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,235 Posts
First of all, what is the maintenance history on the transfer case fluid change cycle. It needs to be changed every 50K miles.
What makes you believe that AUTO is engaging? When selecting any mode on the switch, do the lights blink and then go steady on the selected mode? Do you hear 2 distinct motor sounds when switching between 2HI and 4HI? Is your Service 4x4 light on the dash?

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer EXT LS 4.2L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Service were done according with manual fluids are clean and level, and i hear the transfer case motor and the actuator noises, when i put it on 4hi, Auto, 4lo, neutral the lights blinks for few seconds and then go steady, no lights on dash, this morning i tried the 4hi by jacking up the drivers side wheel and the actuator lock the front axle, so took it for a spin and it worked for that time then filp to 2hi, and 4hi and nothing, then i took it to a little hill then the back wheels start spinning put it in 4hi and nothing then on auto and front engages

1 - 3 of 3 Posts