Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have an 04 trailblazer 88000 miles on it bought it when i had 75k never serviced the 4x4 system or have used it, we are planning on going camping this weekend so i tought id try the 4x4 last night ok turned it on 4LO and the truck acts like im running out of fuel kinda stalls and runs stalls not like its going to turn off but as if it had no power ok, so went into 4HI and everything seems to be working fine but dunno whats wrong anyone have a clue? also planning on taking it for a service whats the type of oil that i need?

· Registered
2009 chevy
6,513 Posts
So, you could have one of two problem areas.

1. Truck ........ problem in the transfer case, maybe fresh fluid will fix????

2. Driver knowledge ....... where were you when trying the 4x4? If on a hard dry surface with the wheels turned you were binding the drive-train. You're lucky the truck stalled and didn't break something.

· Registered
trailblazer_lt
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. hmm well im taking it to get serviced

2. well i was on a hard dry surface (street) did not have the wheels turned was straight and did not floor it was testing only

* Is there a DIY guide into changing the fluid of the transfer?

So, you could have one of two problem areas.

1. Truck ........ problem in the transfer case, maybe fresh fluid will fix????

2. Driver knowledge ....... where were you when trying the 4x4? If on a hard dry surface with the wheels turned you were binding the drive-train. You're lucky the truck stalled and didn't break something.

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
9 Posts
hey chapu, I have the same problem with my trailblazer, its got 130,000 miles on it, but i serviced the 4x4 system just about 10,000 miles ago, it happens to me all the time when im in 4LO, please update me on what the service department said, would really appreciate it, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.