Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! I am swapping my engine and have the steering knuckles out but can not remove the axles. I am told they separate at the intermediary shaft and the transfer case but I do not know where... there is a large metal "collar at the inside end of both shafts is that where I pry them apart at or do I have to open the CV boot and separate them there? Do I have to remove both sides? Does anyone have an exploded view maybe??? I can find exploded views of the engine but not the axles......
Thanks!!!
[email protected]

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Do you have a Haynes manual at the very least? How can you just jump into an engine swap without a manual?

Anyway - welcome.

The CV shafts have a circlip retaining clip on their inboard ends, and you have to bash them out with a BFH and a brass drift punch or similar steel rod. Pound on the inner side of the tripot housings (item 2) at an angle. They come off the vehicle intact. I assume you mean front differential when you said "transfer case".

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
I have a 2002 Trailblazer 4x4 and my timing cover along w the oil pan is leaking oil. I have a Chiltons book but w everything involved w gettin to the timing cover, it bounces around a lot. Can someone give me details from start to finish on what needs to be done to take the timing cover off to fix the oil leak. I understand it's a long and difficult job but I'd rather pay myself the labor and do it myself. Also, any diagrams would be helpful. Thanx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.