Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang

My TB is an awesome tow vehicle, and I got two great sailing days this week.

I have a race I have to tow my 2000lb boat to on the highway for about 150 mi. Do you guys tow in 2WD or 4WD? 4WD around town felt better and actually got higher gas mileage

Usually drive 60-65Mph.

Whaddayathink?

ed:undecided

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Your 4WD is not meant to be used on concrete it is only supposed to be used on loose footings that will allow your TB's tires to slip a little it says in the owners manual where they say you can use it :)

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Using 4 wd on anything but a loose or slippery surface will cause complete failure of the front diff (and a lot of other pieces of the drive-train).

Reading the owners manual when you pickup a vehicle may save irrevocable damage to your wallet; if you do not have one, we have provided them under the Resources tab.

Sorry, while I was typing (and tending to a couple of things) someone slapped your wrist.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was using A4WD. When I reread the manual, it seemed to indicate that it would only power the front axle when needed. Is that why I didnt damage anything?

How much snow on the ground before you guys go 4WD? Whoops wrong season.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I was using A4WD. When I reread the manual, it seemed to indicate that it would only power the front axle when needed. Is that why I didnt damage anything?

A4ed is ok, it will only engage when the computer sees the rear wheels slip.

There is about 5% power going forward, but not enough to hurt anything.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts

When it is really slippery, ice, mud, sand, anything that is not dry and smooth.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
When your tires dont touch the pavement

I only use mine when my tires won't hit the pavement which isn't too often. If your tires are on the pavement in 4wd you'll feel the tires hopping pretty bad. If there is ice I use the 4awd. Makes me love my Trailblazer even more. Best feature ever. But why are we talking about snow? You planning a trip to Antarctica if so I'm in! If we can bring a penguin home.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
425 Posts
more then a dusting (an inch or so) that i put it auto4wd i only put it in 4wd high if i am pushing snow with the front bumper. lol. i never use 4low really in the snow. but i live in buffalo so i learned how to drive in a dodge neon in winter in snow storms due to my birthday being later in the year

1 - 11 of 11 Posts