Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

4WD light -Or- TCCM success story

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fast48 
#1 ·
A mighty thanks to all that assist/provide input to the dwindling number of shade tree mechanics such as myself. I received the dreaded "Service 4wd Light" a couple of weeks ago and promptly started searching the net when I came across this website. By reading several similar posts I narrowed the issue down to the TCCM. I had it confirmed at the dealer for $20.00. The dealer quote was $300 for the TCCM and another $200 for installation and programming. Was that $500 American you say? After a quick eBay search I found a used one for $85. 1 hour and $105 later I'm back in the game.

Thanks again to all that post , you saved me close to $400!!!

#4 ·
Maybe you ran across one of my posts, since that system is my specialty. Thanks for the report!

I'm actually astonished a dealer only charged $20 - a VERY fair price for five minutes with the tech tool - to diagnose it to the TCCM. Maybe they thought they had a lock on the $500 replacement business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.