Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

4WD issues

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TNsweetpea 
#1 ·
Hello! I need some insight....My TB service engine light came on and according to the code I needed to replace the camshaft position sensor...ok, well, we did that and it was suggested that we disconnect the battery to allow a reset. We got the sensor in and reconnected the battery and when we started it up, the service 4WD light came on! It worked just fine before. Now it won't go into 4WD...occasionally the N will light up, but when I turn the car off and move the knob to that N position and back again (as suggested in the owners manual) it goes away...only to return later. 4wd fuse is fine, but I don't really know what else to check, etc.
I have disconnected the battery since that first time to give the throttle body a good cleaning, hoping it would go away when I reconnected it, but no such luck....

Has anyone else come across this...or does anyone might know what the cause of this might be? Thanks!

#3 ·
Could be a coincidental switch failure or flakiness. Try turning it from end to end 40-50 times with the ignition off to see if the contacts clean up. Otherwise see if you can find a cheap one on ebay or trade with another trailvoy for an experiment. Everybody needs local trailvoy buddies to trade parts with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.